X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by LiDad View Post
    Even when things do start to reopen there will be resistance by many to go back out. Who wants to be the first on a plane or cruise ship or in a store after all this? You know there will be a spike in new infections. No one wants to be the guinea pig.
    If the price is right, with super discounted fares, people will fly. Cruise ships on the other hand, have been a problem long before this virus hit. It will take a much greater effort of cruise ship companies, before people are confident about the cleanliness of them.

Leave a comment:

• raceradam
    replied
    Originally posted by Tonto View Post
    'm starting to think that Democrats & "Never Trumpers" are the real virus trying to destroy the United States.
    You're only just starting to think that?!

Leave a comment:

• LiDad
    replied
    Even when things do start to reopen there will be resistance by many to go back out. Who wants to be the first on a plane or cruise ship or in a store after all this? You know there will be a spike in new infections. No one wants to be the guinea pig.

Leave a comment:

• Range Time
    replied
    Originally posted by Tonto View Post
    'm starting to think that Democrats & "Never Trumpers" are the real virus trying to destroy the United States.
    Starting?

Leave a comment:

• Range Time
    replied
    Originally posted by spider View Post
    The last time this happened was in the late '30's and the disease was polio.
    That's a great example!

​​​​​13,000 - 20,000 people were paralyzed by polio each year.

That's compared to 12,000 current Coronavirus deaths.
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• warmnfuzzy
    replied

I never thought of that. Maybe. So that would mean that Mexicans brought us Corona?
    Montezuma's revenge

Leave a comment:

• spider
    replied
    Originally posted by warmnfuzzy View Post

did the the Polish folks bring that over ?
    I never thought of that. Maybe. So that would mean that Mexicans brought us Corona?

Leave a comment:

• pequa1
    replied
    Spring semester memories. Kept my scholarship in 1970 because of the "Pass/Fail" option. (a probable F in Spanish would have brought the cume down.) Would have enlisted as a seaman instead of commissioned as an occifer !

Leave a comment:

• warmnfuzzy
    replied
    did the the Polish folks bring that over ?

Leave a comment:

• LiDad
    replied
    And they're already laying the ground work for all this again next winter and possibly beyond that as well.

Leave a comment:

• Tonto
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Huntington Guy
    replied

A lot of people won't be able to.
    A lot of people lost everything, though absolutely no fault of their own.

This is going to have social and economic ramifications for decades and only add to the haves vs have-nots class warfare.

All because their "benevolent" government put them out of business or jobs.

An invading power couldn't have plotted this better.
    👍

Leave a comment:

• LiDad
    replied
    There's another issue to consider when this is all over (if/when): Vacation time.

A lot of people who remained employed during this period didn't take planned vacations. That means for the remainder of the year a lot of people are going to be taking off (most people can't accumulate or rollover time).

Businesses are going to have to come up with policy on this. They can't tell people too bad nor can they deny vacation time.

Personally I hope mine would have a vacation buy back option. I'd trade some time for a bit of extra $$ this year.

Leave a comment:

• spider
    replied

Except businesses overall weren't ordered to be shut down over it.
    True, but everyone quarantined. I remember hearing stories about it from my older family members. My stepfather had polio as a kid.

Leave a comment:

• LiDad
    replied
    Except businesses overall weren't ordered to be shut down over it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X