Pathologist Claims Coronavirus is BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pathologist Claims Coronavirus is BS

Opinions, like a holes - everyone's got 'em.
    I don't know how accurate or not what he's saying is, but I did find it interesting.

Top Pathologist Claims Coronavirus is “The Greatest Hoax Ever Perpetrated on an Unsuspecting Public”

Says “masks are utterly useless.”

https://summit.news/2020/11/18/top-p...ecting-public/
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.

- Rudyard Kipling

Agreed
    Life Member: ASA, GOA, NRA

Comment

I had a friend who was hospitalized by the virus and died. I've had co-workers who were on deaths doorstep. I've had other co-workers who had mild symptoms for 3 days, and tests showed they had the virus.

But I firmly do believe there is far more hype than there is fact! And this was all highly politicized!

Comment

Government overreaching, lying and instilling fear. All to cripple Trump’s economy.
        FU China and everyone else involved. May you all drop dead very soon.
        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

non stop media hysteria , believe the " experts " trust the " science " high school drop out bill gates knows best

meanwhile in cali , gruesome newsome is having dinner with cali med experts and a bunch of friends / no masks

they know it's bullshit , that's why they don't wear a mask

Comment

Masks make no sense ? Then the next time you elect for open heart surgery make sure you tell the doctor and his staff to leave the masks at home. You don't wear the mask because you think you will skate by and not get seriously ill. You wear the mask to stop the spread of the virus. Let's take this to the simplest reasoning, you and your buddy are hanging out, he pees his pants and you don't get wet, you and your buddy are buck nekkid you are going to catch some pee. Wear the mask because the doctors, ambulance drivers, first responders, nurses etc. that have to treat the sorry sacks that catch this crap have families that they want to come home to.

Comment

Originally posted by StrongBeach View Post
              Masks make no sense ? Then the next time you elect for open heart surgery make sure you tell the doctor and his staff to leave the masks at home. You don't wear the mask because you think you will skate by and not get seriously ill. You wear the mask to stop the spread of the virus. Let's take this to the simplest reasoning, you and your buddy are hanging out, he pees his pants and you don't get wet, you and your buddy are buck nekkid you are going to catch some pee. Wear the mask because the doctors, ambulance drivers, first responders, nurses etc. that have to treat the sorry sacks that catch this crap have families that they want to come home to.
              Assuming masks work as you say. Why would you ever not wear a mask around other people?

Doctors (well at least dentists) wear masks to protect ourselves from splashes and spray we generate in the patient's mouth. It has nothing to do with protecting the patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

Assuming masks work as you say. Why would you ever not wear a mask around other people?

Doctors (well at least dentists) wear masks to protect ourselves from splashes and spray we generate in the patient's mouth. It has nothing to do with protecting the patient.
                Barn...I assume you have had medical training by the tone of your post, let me explain my reasoning, forgive me if I digress. I have been in property management for most of my adult life, turning the corner on 65 and being in what they say is the start of the curve for the sweet spot for having Corona ending up in a dirt nap I decided not to return to work managing the buildings I was working at in Brooklyn considering the demographic of the clients of the buildings that I managed. For me having worked without a vacation for the past....hmmm eight years or so I thought it would be a good idea to enjoy a summer. That lasted about a month before I got bored and I decided to look into another job. Previous to my employment in property management I drove a truck. It was a good job, I was outside and did not have a boss standing over me. So I thought.....drive again.....but loading and unloading those trucks was going to be different from when I was in my twenties. So......what can you drive and not load and unload and still have the summers off.......a school bus. So I applied for a job and had to take my DOT physical. Turns out that the schools want you to take a TST "Turburculin Skin Test" as a requirement of employment. Sure thing, I haven't been to Ethiopia lately so what the hell. Turns out the test came back positive and I ended up with a golf ball sized knot on my forearm testing positive for LTBI. Turns out that at some time in my past probably in a crowded subway or train some Haji must have thrown a loogey my way and I caught a good old fashioned case of LTBI. I am on my FOURTH month of Rifampin, aside from peeing the color of orange crush soda, this med can wreak havoc on your hepatic system. God must have been looking down on me because my chances of taking a TB test as part of a routine physical were one in a million. If I didn't take this test, and my LTBI became active I could have spead it to my wife, my kids, who else knows who.

So you can wear the mask, don't wear the mask I don't care, for me, if they made a space suit I would buy it and wear it not for what I can transmit, but for the thoughtless assholes waling around ready to drop another time bomb in my lap.

Comment

I’m on the fence about this all, we do develop natural resistance to the common germs we come across on a daily basis, hence the saying if it don’t kill you ,it will make you stronger.
                  on the other hand we have never had to deal with a pathogen that was developed in laboratory and escaped.
                  The world moves so fast these days with hundreds of international flights that it’s nearly impossible to halt the spread until it’s to late. So for me wearing a mask is a mixed blessing , I don’t have to smile at anyone , no one knows if I’m looking at them like they are a idiot especially with sunglasses on, it serves me to stop airborn particulate from going in my nose , like dust and airborn crap. Do I think it will stop a virus? I don’t know but I’m not a gambler ,I saw my neighbors son go down , my son in laws aunt just died yesterday from a wedding they attended 10 days prior.

Comment

That analogy doesn't make sense on the front door of SSS and it doesn't make any more sense here. For obvious reasons. Such as urine is a liquid and a virus is not. But be that as it may, nothing against SSS for putting it up. I'm sure they have their reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyblueyes View Post
                      on the other hand we have never had to deal with a pathogen that was developed in laboratory and "escaped".

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.

- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

From The Spectator:

Prof Carl Heneghan & Tom Jefferson

Landmark Danish study shows face masks have no significant effect

19 November 2020, 2:45am

Do face masks work? Earlier this year, the UK government decided that masks could play a significant role in stopping Covid-19 and made masks mandatory in a number of public places. But are these policies backed by the scientific evidence?

Yesterday marked the publication of a long-delayed trial in Denmark which hopes to answer that very question. The ‘Danmask-19 trial’ was conducted in the spring with over 3,000 participants, when the public were not being told to wear masks but other public health measures were in place. Unlike other studies looking at masks, the Danmask study was a randomised controlled trial – making it the highest quality scientific evidence.

Around half of those in the trial received 50 disposable surgical face masks, which they were told to change after eight hours of use. After one month, the trial participants were tested using both PCR, antibody and lateral flow tests and compared with the trial participants who did not wear a mask.

In the end, there was no statistically significant difference between those who wore masks and those who did not when it came to being infected by Covid-19. 1.8 per cent of those wearing masks caught Covid, compared to 2.1 per cent of the control group. As a result, it seems that any effect masks have on preventing the spread of the disease in the community is small.

Some people, of course, did not wear their masks properly. Only 46 per cent of those wearing masks in the trial said they had completely adhered to the rules. But even if you only look at people who wore masks ‘exactly as instructed’, this did not make any difference to the results: 2 per cent of this group were also infected.

When it comes to masks, it appears there is still little good evidence they prevent the spread of airborne diseases. The results of the Danmask-19 trial mirror other reviews into influenza-like illnesses. Nine other trials looking at the efficacy of masks (two looking at healthcare workers and seven at community transmission) have found that masks make little or no difference to whether you get influenza or not.

But overall, there is a troubling lack of robust evidence on face masks and Covid-19. There have only been three community trials during the current pandemic comparing the use of masks with various alternatives – one in Guinea-Bissau, one in India and this latest trial in Denmark. The low number of studies into the effect different interventions have on the spread of Covid-19 – a subject of global importance – suggests there is a total lack of interest from governments in pursuing evidence-based medicine. And this starkly contrasts with the huge sums they have spent on ‘boutique relations’ consultants advising the government.

The only trials which have shown masks to be effective at stopping airborne diseases have been ‘observational studies’ – which observe the people who ordinarily use masks, rather than attempting to create a randomised control group. These trials include six studies carried out in the Far East during the SARS CoV-1 outbreak of 2003, which showed that masks can work, especially when they are used by healthcare workers and patients alongside hand-washing.

But observational studies are prone to recall bias: in the heat of a pandemic, not very many people will recall if and when they used masks and at what distance they kept from others. The lack of random allocation of masks can also ‘confound’ the results and might not account for seasonal effects. A recent observational study paper had to be withdrawn because the reported fall in infection rates over the summer was reverted when the seasonal effect took hold and rates went back up.

This is why large, randomised trials like this most recent Danish study are so important if we want to understand the impact of measures like face masks. Many people have argued that it is too difficult to wait for randomised trials – but Danmask-19 has shown that these kind of studies are more than feasible.

And now that we have properly rigorous scientific research we can rely on, the evidence shows that wearing masks in the community does not significantly reduce the rates of infection.

WRITTEN BYProf Carl Heneghan & Tom Jefferson
                        Carl Heneghan is professor of evidence-based medicine at the University of Oxford and director of the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine Tom Jefferson is a senior associate tutor and honorary research fellow at the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine, University of Oxford

Comment

Barn...I assume you have had medical training by the tone of your post, let me explain my reasoning, forgive me if I digress. I have been in property management for most of my adult life, turning the corner on 65 and being in what they say is the start of the curve for the sweet spot for having Corona ending up in a dirt nap I decided not to return to work managing the buildings I was working at in Brooklyn considering the demographic of the clients of the buildings that I managed. For me having worked without a vacation for the past....hmmm eight years or so I thought it would be a good idea to enjoy a summer. That lasted about a month before I got bored and I decided to look into another job. Previous to my employment in property management I drove a truck. It was a good job, I was outside and did not have a boss standing over me. So I thought.....drive again.....but loading and unloading those trucks was going to be different from when I was in my twenties. So......what can you drive and not load and unload and still have the summers off.......a school bus. So I applied for a job and had to take my DOT physical. Turns out that the schools want you to take a TST "Turburculin Skin Test" as a requirement of employment. Sure thing, I haven't been to Ethiopia lately so what the hell. Turns out the test came back positive and I ended up with a golf ball sized knot on my forearm testing positive for LTBI. Turns out that at some time in my past probably in a crowded subway or train some Haji must have thrown a loogey my way and I caught a good old fashioned case of LTBI. I am on my FOURTH month of Rifampin, aside from peeing the color of orange crush soda, this med can wreak havoc on your hepatic system. God must have been looking down on me because my chances of taking a TB test as part of a routine physical were one in a million. If I didn't take this test, and my LTBI became active I could have spead it to my wife, my kids, who else knows who.

So you can wear the mask, don't wear the mask I don't care, for me, if they made a space suit I would buy it and wear it not for what I can transmit, but for the thoughtless assholes waling around ready to drop another time bomb in my lap.
                          You can thank our lax immigration policy for your reaction to the TB test. Ellis Island was not perfect but it helped.

An aside similar to your unfortunate experience...
                          A friend works MTA HQ. Back in the 90's they sent a crew including a photographer into some unused tunnels to report on the homeless living down there. Think Demolition Man.
                          The crew took the precautions of wearing hazmat suits and with good reason.

Regarding the masks.... I'm just explaining what surgical masks were designed to accomplish. Furthermore, I'm supposing they work as you say they do.
                          Based on that assumption I ask again........ why would you ever stop wearing a mask? You never know what disease the next guy has.
                          I'm not being facetious. The asians have been wearing them for decades. Way before they invented this current virus. We may get a vaccine that works great but what about the next virus?
                          I have nothing against you or anyone wearing a mask if you choose. But I don't want it to be mandated.

Comment

I’m on the fence about this all, we do develop natural resistance to the common germs we come across on a daily basis, hence the saying if it don’t kill you ,it will make you stronger.
                            on the other hand we have never had to deal with a pathogen that was developed in laboratory and escaped.
                            The world moves so fast these days with hundreds of international flights that it’s nearly impossible to halt the spread until it’s to late. So for me wearing a mask is a mixed blessing , I don’t have to smile at anyone , no one knows if I’m looking at them like they are a idiot especially with sunglasses on, it serves me to stop airborn particulate from going in my nose , like dust and airborn crap. Do I think it will stop a virus? I don’t know but I’m not a gambler ,I saw my neighbors son go down , my son in laws aunt just died yesterday from a wedding they attended 10 days prior.
                            Who said it escaped? The timing was quite convenient for the chicoms. It never would have happened if Hitlery won.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Some germs yes, others not so much. Maybe the worms 6 ft under. It really depends how well/often the virus mutates. Take polio for example, it can't easily change it's genome, which made it pretty easy to eradicate. Then we have viruses that mutate rapidly such as the common flu and even more rapid ones like HIV and some really nasty ones like Ebola - they'll always kill you for the most part, not make you stronger. This makes finding a cure or vaccine extremely difficult, maybe even impossible - at least with our current technology and knowledge. Imagine if we had gone with oh, let it run its course, natural resistance; with Ebola or with the HIV pandemic during the 80s. Wouldn't have been a pretty picture.

I think Covid is still too new for anyone to know for sure if natural resistance will work and a lot of people are playing the safe game with this one.
                              Last edited by Otingocni; 11-19-2020, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X