Feedback from anyone that has flown during COVID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback from anyone that has flown during COVID

Hey All. Would love if anyone could share their experience flying during COVID. Were you required to fill out the travelers form when coming back to NY? How was it dealing with the contact tracing people? Thinking of flying to a free state, to see if moving there would be an option, would love to drive but only have a few days so want to make the most out of it. Anyone's feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I went to FL about a month ago. The flight there was great. JFK was empty (flew on a Thursday). Nothing to fill out or do on the way there, or once there. I only stayed a couple of days so I was outside of the NY mandate to take a test 72 hours before you return.
    On the way back (Sunday),flight was full although all middle seats were blocked on Delta. There's a website you can fill out and show the green checkmark once completed to the National Guard folks at the gate. They will let you pass. If you don't have the ability to do the website, there is a manual form to fill out.

I showed my checkmark and never got a call, text, or email the next 14 days or after.

I did take a screenshot of my checkmark though.... For future use...

Comment

I flew to & from Bozeman MT in August, on American Airlines. At that time covid was at a very low ebb here in NY. Infection rates in MT were a bit higher and MT was on FUAC's quarantine list.

The flight out via Denver was not crowded; return was totally packed. Before leaving Bozeman I was instructed to fill out an online questionnaire on my phone and was told I would not be allowed to board without doing so or filling out a paper form. I was also told to make a screenshot to show officials upon landing in NY. There were no such officials and we just walked out of the airport.

Next day I got a call from a rather arrogant tracer and re-answered all the questions on the form. I got a daily text for the next 14 days asking for a simple yes or no regarding symptoms.

Comment

Flew to Kodiak back in September. Had to take a rapid test prior to going (Alaska protocol). Filled out NYS questionnaire online on the return. Spoke with someone the next day. Received one text a day after that for the next13 days of my quarantine.
        NRA Life member

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Save yourself the headache. Fly in/out of Newark.

Comment

Been flying regularly. Alabama, SD, FL, SC etc
              Go have fun. Cheap flights
              Walk out when you come back and head down and take the form and throw it away.
              Of they corner you wrong info. They can’t ask for ID you didn’t break the law and they don’t have time.
              enjoy

Comment

About 2 weeks ago My friend flew from Florida to Mac Arthur on a small airline Frontier ???. Almost empty. No food, water $8.00 per bottle
                Gets off someone hands him the form, he walks away stopped by [censored] guard telling him he has to fill out the form or he will have to detain him
                My Buddy is A Lic Bounty Hunter in NY and Florida 6'3" 275. Guard was around 5'5" maybe 130 or so. But he said she had nice tits.
                Better to have A gun in your hand, then a Cop on the phone

Comment

I flew to ATL just before Thanksgiving. Flew out of Newark, no forms in ATL or EWR. Long lines at the security check point in ATL, none in EWR. Plane was packed, no empty seats on Delta to and from.

My daughter flew back for Xmas to LGA from TX and she walked past the table with the forms in LGA and a NY state trooper stopped her and told her she had to fill out a form. My daughter got a text from a tracer everyday, when she didn't immediately respond, they called, and kept calling until she picked up. When she flew back to TX, no forms, no tracing.

Drove to my place in VT over new years, did not get stopped going or coming home.

Comment

My son just got back from Aruba, into JFK on Delta late Thursday afternoon. No forms, no agents, breezed right through. I made him isolate here at home until he took a PCR test Monday at Huntington Hospital (same day results or up to 24 hours).................

Comment

Screenshot_20210112-200617_Facebook.jpg
                      Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

Working...
                      X