Supremes Block Mandate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supremes Block Mandate

Supreme Court blocks Biden Covid vaccine mandate for businesses, allows health-care worker rule

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/13/supr...-mandates.html
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

THIS makes my day!

I live to fight another day

.... maybe

Comment

GOOD and may I add FUCK JOE BIDEN
      stymie cosentino
      meh
      Last edited by stymie cosentino; 01-13-2022, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I believe it was a 6-3 decision..it should have been 9-0..but the 3 lib assholes are proving how the constitution means nothing to them..3 that need to be replaced...
        You cant cure stupid, only kill it......
        Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.....

Comment

The Court ruled that OSHA lacked the authority to impose such a mandate because the law that created OSHA "empowers the Secretary to set workplace safety standards, not broad public health measures."

"Although COVID-19 is a risk that occurs in many workplaces, it is not an occupational hazard in most," the Court ruled. "COVID–19 can and does spread at home, in schools, during sporting events, and everywhere else that people gather. That kind of universal risk is no different from the day-to-day dangers that all face from crime, air pollution, or any number of communicable diseases."

For these reasons, the OSHA mandate "would significantly expand" the agency's authority beyond the limits Congress set, the Court ruled.

BINGO
        The Supreme Court on Thursday issued mixed rulings in a pair of cases challenging the Biden administration's COVID-19 vaccine mandates.

Comment

These decisions have become party line campaign slogans. Impartiality in favor of the constitution are DOA in the USA.

Comment

I'm going to venture to guess that, especially with the emergence of Omicron, that the Biden admin was hoping this would be invalidated. Otherwise, there would be more supply chain disruptions spiking inflation even more. The bonus is that now Biden can blame SCOTUS if sentiment changes & voters think Covid is a great threat again.
          Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Comment

Baby , Baby

Where did our love go ?

Oh , don't you leave me

Don't you leave me no more

Comment

• ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
              ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
              Citizen of Newyorkastan
              ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO commented
              Editing a comment
              Soft Cell fans huh 🤔

• Diesel1
              Diesel1
              Opposite of above me
              Diesel1 commented
              Editing a comment
              ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
              Citizen of Newyorkastan
              ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO REALLY!!!!! Oh shit - I was about to be like no, it's the Supremes not realizing that Soft Cell remade it. Don't think it ever occurred that those 2 were the same song! holy shit!

Good for you for catching it bc I sure as hell didn't. And I'm Soft Cell generation but fairly well versed to 50's and 60's music due to my time working with my old man as a kid and him listening to "oldies"

• Sig
              Sig
              Northwestern captain
              Sig commented
              Editing a comment
              @ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
              Never heard of Soft Cell.
              Sig
              Northwestern captain
              Last edited by Sig; 01-15-2022, 05:26 AM.

I cannot even imagine if that scumbag communist Garland was appointed.

Comment

My issue is if it’s unconstitutional for some, it has to be for all regardless of federal money. This is a bad decision by the SC and they really did themselves a disservice imo.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Patriot1965
                  Patriot1965
                  NRA LIFE MEMBER
                  Patriot1965 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  im guessing the only thing she cleaned was a bunch of pipes to get where she is now...just like vp harris...

Originally posted by Rrudo74901 View Post
                My issue is if it’s unconstitutional for some, it has to be for all regardless of federal money. This is a bad decision by the SC and they really did themselves a disservice imo.
                Of course, you're right. But given SC precedent & how pwned the Right is in this country, I don't think we could have hoped for more.

Comment

Originally posted by warmnfuzzy View Post
                  Baby , Baby

Where did our love go ?

Oh , don't you leave me

Don't you leave me no more
                  "Mandates are real bad and, no arm of mine will be jabbed in
                  MANDATE never meant to be
                  MANDATE I say FJB
                  MANDATE Congress doesn't need to get
                  MANDATE Different from the rest!!!"

See what you started!!! Gonna be singing that all day now!
                  Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
                  Nick Charles: No.
                  Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
                  Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
                  -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Rrudo74901 View Post
                    I believe you are addressing the merits of the case, not the procedure the decision was about. While your argument is sort of, but not entirely, off the mark at this time, I agree with your conclusion.

The issue is about executive branch agency authority delegated to it by Congress, not exactly whether the policy is good or bad. The decision focused on procedure, should the previously granted injunction temporarily stopping the vaccine mandate remain in place pending resolution of the case on its merits or should the temporary injunction no longer be in effect.

Since you can't undo a vaccine once administered or compensate someone for the emotional turmoil of losing their job even temporarily over policy, I can't think of a reason why the stay should be lifted.

I agree with the dissenters in the second case for the reasons to keep the injunction in place outlined in their dissent. From the first paragraph of their dissent:

To obtain a stay, the Government must show that there is (1) a reasonable probability that we would grant certiorari; (2) a fair prospect that we would reverse the judgments below; and (3) a likelihood that irreparable harm will result from denying a stay. Hollingsworthv.Perry, 558 U. S. 183, 190 (2010) (per curiam). Because there is no real dispute that this case merits our review, our decision turns primarily on whether the Government can make a “strong showing” that it is likely to succeed on the merits. Nkenv. Holder, 556 U. S. 418, 426 (2009). In my view, the Government has not made such a showing here.
                    ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
                    Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post

"Mandates are real bad and, no arm of mine will be jabbed in
                      MANDATE never meant to be
                      MANDATE I say FJB
                      MANDATE Congress doesn't need to get
                      MANDATE Different from the rest!!!"

See what you started!!! Gonna be singing that all day now!
                      listen to Diana sing "someday we'll be together "

brings tears to my eyes

Comment

Working...
                      X