X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBonds View Post

I dont know why you people keep trying to convince me otherwise, I dont care for anyones justifications. I personally think all of these laws are government overreach for the sole purpose of revenue generation, period. If the guys kid was doing 90 up and down the block, fuck him. If he was tearing up the neighbors property, fuck him. If he was blasting up and down the block in the middle of the night waking up the neighborhood, fuck him. If he was doing wheelies between cars and weaving in and out of traffic, fuck him. But if he was simply taking a little joy ride under parental supervision as the OP indicates, who the fuck are some asshole politicians and a bunch of toolbag fuds to decide how this guy should raise his kid, or what legally purchased modes of transportation can and cannot be operated. FUCK THEM.
      Opinions were posted, you responded with your opposing opinions, many others responded to oppose your opinions. Not too hard to understand. And I for one am not trying to convince you about anything. I'm trying to point out some of your extremely weak points - as several others have done. It's up to you if you read and think about what others are telling you and possibly...eventually...adjust your way of thinking - it's a normal and healthy way of communication.

OK, you think all laws....or Vehicle and Traffic Laws are overreaching? I'll ask again, are there ANY V&T laws that you feel are good laws? Cutting someone off, causing them to crash - that's against the V&T law. Is that one OK by you? Driving drunk is against the V&T law - is that bullshit also? Driving a truck at 70 MPH in front of your house in a residential area - bullshit law?

You see, you make little sense and appear to not be giving this discussion much thought. You're trying to pick and choose what laws YOU think are good, without regard to what other's think.
      No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Nordon View Post

Nope, officer actually said to him that he was riding very carelfully, and not fast or reckless.
        So, lemme get this straight.....the officer actually said he was "riding very carefully, and not fast or reckless", then said, "I'm going to write until my hand hurts." right after that?

OK, you found a bi-polar officer, I guess.

- U.S. Marines

Comment

But if he was simply taking a little joy ride under parental supervision as the OP indicates, who the fuck are some asshole politicians and a bunch of toolbag fuds to decide how this guy should raise his kid, or what legally purchased modes of transportation can and cannot be operated. FUCK THEM.
          So I take it your cars, trucks, and horse trailers and any other vehicles you may have are not insured nor registered? Traffic laws, pffft. Bravo patriot! You're hardcore. Showing the rest of us the true resistance. I bet you weave through traffic lanes in your uninsured truck ignoring the man's lanes and speed limits, yelling "freedom" as you blow stop signs. Inspiring.

But please don't get shocked if you get a ticket for that in the real world, and if you go all "I am a sovereign nation, I do not need to comply!" in the officers face, don't be surprised if you're actually shocked with 50,000 volts. :P

Now illegal is illegal in terms of vehicle operation, whether you're popping wheelies or driving carefully. Everyone know that an ATV does not belong on the streets of Northport so that's kind of a moot point, and of course the penalty fits. If he was reckless and a jerk there could even be criminal charges and certainly more fines and impounding of the ATV.

Annnnyywayy, I'm getting flashbacks of Blue Fin. I feel alive again, fascinated really. Bravo Billy, you let us glimpse into some truly interesting world views!

Last edited by Destro; 05-24-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

So, lemme get this straight.....the officer actually said he was "riding very carefully, and not fast or reckless", then said, "I'm going to write until my hand hurts." right after that?

The cop laid into me and said a friend of his' car was hit by a quad recently, and she had expenses she had to deal with, and yes, he was wearing a full face helmet.
            Last edited by Nordon; 05-24-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I think its time to close this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

"I have no problem with the officer issuing a ticket, but 4 ? And he says "Just to let you know, I am going to write you tickets until my hand hurts", guess he had a bad day, and my wife and I are out there, in our driveway, being the most polite people in the world. I'm done with my blind support." Page 2

Comment

Originally posted by Destro View Post

So I take it your cars, trucks, and horse trailers and any other vehicles you may have are not insured nor registered? Traffic laws, pffft. Bravo patriot! You're hardcore. Showing the rest of us the true resistance. I bet you weave through traffic lanes in your uninsured truck ignoring the man's lanes and speed limits, yelling "freedom" as you blow stop signs. Inspiring.

But please don't get shocked if you get a ticket for that in the real world, and if you go all "I am a sovereign nation, I do not need to comply!" in the officers face, don't be surprised if you're actually shocked with 50,000 volts. :P

Riding up my own residential street and hauling horses interstate are not comparable. And I didnt suggest the guy not pay, simply stating its fucked up that this is what this shithole island has become, that a parent cant let their kid ride a fucking toy up the block without running the risk of thousands of dollars in fines and/or confiscation. But hey, thats just me. You seem to love it this way.

Comment

Riding up my own residential street and hauling horses interstate are not comparable. And I didnt suggest the guy not pay, simply stating its fucked up that this is what this shithole island has become, that a parent cant let their kid ride a fucking toy up the block without running the risk of thousands of dollars in fines and/or confiscation. But hey, thats just me. You seem to love it this way.
                    You seem to love being obtuse.

How is it not comparable? Legally they are wholly comparable (and I never mentioned hauling interstate..so I guess you drive uninsured up your street, eh?). An illegal vehicle without insurance up a public road in Northport. Yet again, I ask you are your cars, trucks and trailers registered and insured when you drive up such a street? Am ATV is hardly at toy and requires plates and insurance. People get killed, charges get filed, lawsuits happen when one illegally drives such vehicles that are regulated ..whether it's a quad, a motorcycle or a car....(now whether you agree with regulations is another matter, but hey patriot I'm sure all your cars, house, etc. are insured and you obey all regulations, so why cherry pick then?)
                    Last edited by Destro; 05-24-2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

I dont know why you people keep trying to convince me otherwise, I dont care for anyones justifications. I personally think all of these laws are government overreach for the sole purpose of revenue generation, period.

I don't even know where to begin.

Let's try....maybe the fines are preventive? If all one got for blowing a stop sign was a stern lecture or a warning, who'd stop? Who cares about a safety warning if one is stupid enough to go through a red light? The fact that it will cost you the fine and points on your license (which means more insurance costs) is one way to "encourage" you to stop. Same with this kid on the street. He rides, cop just talks, he rides again. Or, he rides in the street, cop gives daddy four tickets, he don't ride in the street no more. Mission accomplished, dangerous behavior stopped.

Now about your open-mindedness, your ability to listen to reasoned arguments, your understanding about the goals of civil government, your sense of history in terms of "crime and punishment" going back to the code of Hammurabi, through English Common Law, up to today's system of jurisprudence has, well, left me speechless.

Clearly you have stopped learning, listening to others, considering other points of view, or seeing the world in anything but your own narrow terms. Some other folks who feel the same way you do about being the only ones who are "right" are members of ISIS, the Taliban, those who burned witches, flat earthers, and climate change deniers (I threw that one in just for giggles.)

If you are so right and everyone else is so wrong....I'm surprised god didn't give you a set of stone tablets to carry down the mountain with your truths chiseled in....or you found some golden tablets with the word of god on them in some upstate New York town.

It must be miserable to feel like you do....where do you find joy in life?

Comment

Originally posted by Nordon View Post
                        I think its time to close this thread.
                        Yeah...I think you're right.

- U.S. Marines

Comment

ibtl
                          Pan-Americano-dancing-guy.gif

Comment

You guys are fucking retarded

Comment