Camper talk- pop ups.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camper talk- pop ups.

My wife wants to start camping in the summer. Im not into tents and I don't have room to store anything 20+ feet long or $5k disposable cash so I'm in the market for a cheap used pop up that sleeps my 3 sons and us. I've been browsing the classifieds, watching some videos on how they work and what can fail and cost more $$. Anyone have any experience with these things they would like to share? Perhaps someone has one taking up space in the 12 foot range they may have been hanging onto waiting for the right reason to let it go?

I have one. 2008 Jayco 1206. Fully equipped. A/C, Heat, Shower inside and outside, Bathroom (never used), Refrigerator/Freezer, Sleeps 6 to 8, etc. I’ve only used it maybe 8 times.
    I could go on and on but way to much to say.
    If interested in a complete opinion PM me your # and we’ll talk.

ETA: It’s for sale too.

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
    President T. Roosevelt

OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

Comment

Here’s a photo.

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
      President T. Roosevelt

Comment

That's nice looking. I was eyeing up a 99' jayco 12' that needs some work. They seem fairly common on the local used market in every price range.

Comment

If your wife wants to “camp” in private campgrounds with playgrounds for kids ......well good luck being happy. I’ll suggest state camp grounds upstate to start ,places where you can take the boys to hike and fish. I think they are young yet so shooting may be in the future.
          i gave away a pop upon this forum a couple years back, but that’s where most people start, then they go to small travel trailers then to larger ones then to 5th wheels.
          make sure it has a bathroom if you want to do any beach camping ,which is just great for young kids. Remember one thing ,they are easy to buy but very hard to sell..
          you can also get a good deal on some travel trailers if you look. Sometimes you can find a place to park it in trade for work , my friend docks his boat in trade for light excavation work. Trade a small place to park it for welding? Just check for roof leaks and water damage. Hold a hose on it or put a sprinkler on it for a good while before you buy, Brakes ,bearings, electrical . Make sure the tanks don’t leak. Refrig works . I have a Lance Truck Camper ,that’s another option also. If I can help any more just ask.

Comment

It doesn't get much easier than this thread. Damn that was quick.

Comment

Isn't there a site for this sort of stuff 😳

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
                Yes. I’m told when you join you get a free Glock.

President T. Roosevelt

Comment

I was just waiting to see who remembered and posted first. Lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

I was just waiting to see who remembered and posted first. Lmao!
                    Only reason I came to this thread haha

Comment

Originally posted by VietVet View Post

Yes. I’m told when you join you get a free Glock.
                      Oh.....forgot to mention you also get a nice shiny Membership Card. 😀

President T. Roosevelt

Comment

I knew it was only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyblueyes View Post
                          If your wife wants to “camp” in private campgrounds with playgrounds for kids ......well good luck being happy. I’ll suggest state camp grounds upstate to start ,places where you can take the boys to hike and fish. I think they are young yet so shooting may be in the future.
                          i gave away a pop upon this forum a couple years back, but that’s where most people start, then they go to small travel trailers then to larger ones then to 5th wheels.
                          make sure it has a bathroom if you want to do any beach camping ,which is just great for young kids. Remember one thing ,they are easy to buy but very hard to sell..
                          you can also get a good deal on some travel trailers if you look. Sometimes you can find a place to park it in trade for work , my friend docks his boat in trade for light excavation work. Trade a small place to park it for welding? Just check for roof leaks and water damage. Hold a hose on it or put a sprinkler on it for a good while before you buy, Brakes ,bearings, electrical . Make sure the tanks don’t leak. Refrig works . I have a Lance Truck Camper ,that’s another option also. If I can help any more just ask.
                          We're looking at a trip to otter lake in PA for July. That would be our first trip. Beyond that she seems to think we could use it for trips to Hershey park campgrounds and the like. Different experience and expenses from hotels and more freedom to just go, wherever and whenever.
                          If we like it, an upgrade to a travel trailer isn't out of the question but it's tough to justify the size and expense without knowing if everyone enjoys it.
                          Beach camoing probably isn't on my list of things to do but who knows. I personally am not a fan of sitting on the beach by the ocean, I'd rather be on it with a boat under my feet and a fishing pole but all things can change.

Comment

I had one for years. Better than a tent but I wouldn’t do it again. I went up to a travel trailer and love it. Pop ups are easy to store and a little easier to tow but closing them up stinks. Especially in the rain.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X