Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camper talk- pop ups.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    they look tired

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Killian View Post
      ..........closing them up stinks. Especially in the rain.
      That’s the biggest problem with a pop up. Setting them up and closing them in the rain sucks. Setting up isn’t that bad but if you close it up wet you’ll have to get it home and open it up again to dry.

      "Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
      President T. Roosevelt

      OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Killian View Post
        I had one for years. Better than a tent but I wouldn’t do it again. I went up to a travel trailer and love it. Pop ups are easy to store and a little easier to tow but closing them up stinks. Especially in the rain.
        Yeah, that's a trade off I am going to have to accept but its all in perspective. Even a travel trailer one would still have to pack up the exterior, fold up any canopies, pack chairs up, and connect to the tow vehicle, pull chocks so its not completely dry like an RV would be. On the bright side, a pop up is still better than a bunch of tents to pack up in the rain. But then again, camping in the rain sounds like a crap trip anyways so no matter where your bedroom is, its going to suck.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by METALHEAD View Post

          We're looking at a trip to otter lake in PA for July. That would be our first trip. Beyond that she seems to think we could use it for trips to Hershey park campgrounds and the like. Different experience and expenses from hotels and more freedom to just go, wherever and whenever.
          If we like it, an upgrade to a travel trailer isn't out of the question but it's tough to justify the size and expense without knowing if everyone enjoys it.
          Beach camoing probably isn't on my list of things to do but who knows. I personally am not a fan of sitting on the beach by the ocean, I'd rather be on it with a boat under my feet and a fishing pole but all things can change.
          That stuff sounds like fun .i just want to add in from experience that leaving NY and coming back tolls are expensive,add a trailer on and they go up. I’m sure you know Hershey is $$$$ and the campground is not far off. I’m just saying a simple trip to PA can get pretty expensive,like most stuff that involves kids. That’s why beach camping is good . $15 a night no where to spend money and there are fish to catch . But I digress. It’s been said many times try to rent one first.just one more thing,trying to get any campsites on LI is pretty tough.they book out in a day.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by DrBrianDDS View Post

            Only reason I came to this thread haha
            Me too... I thought he was going to be shilling for the glock giveaway guy...

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by METALHEAD View Post

              Yeah, that's a trade off I am going to have to accept but its all in perspective. Even a travel trailer one would still have to pack up the exterior, fold up any canopies, pack chairs up, and connect to the tow vehicle, pull chocks so its not completely dry like an RV would be. On the bright side, a pop up is still better than a bunch of tents to pack up in the rain. But then again, camping in the rain sounds like a crap trip anyways so no matter where your bedroom is, its going to suck.

              Its s not quite the same. With a pop up all of the wet canopies are inside when you close up. Like Vietvet said, you have to open it up and dry it.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by mickeyblueyes View Post

                That stuff sounds like fun .i just want to add in from experience that leaving NY and coming back tolls are expensive,add a trailer on and they go up. I’m sure you know Hershey is $$$$ and the campground is not far off. I’m just saying a simple trip to PA can get pretty expensive,like most stuff that involves kids. That’s why beach camping is good . $15 a night no where to spend money and there are fish to catch . But I digress. It’s been said many times try to rent one first.just one more thing,trying to get any campsites on LI is pretty tough.they book out in a day.
                Good points here. Thanks

                Comment


                  #23
                  I has a pop up camper for about 3 years. Never got as much use out of it as I thought I would. Finally sold it . Now I rent a.RV ever year from Cruise America for that one week of camping.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I hear you Punisher, had my pop-up for 15 yrs and only went out 2-3x per year. Now i just rent one 1-2x a year. I still miss not having all my stuff in there n just load up food n clothes n just take off.....
                    A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I don't know if you were still in the market but I'm going to have a nice pop up camper for sale very shortly maybe a week or two if you are still looking

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Thanks for the heads up but I found an 03’ Utah back in March.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by METALHEAD View Post

                          We're looking at a trip to otter lake in PA for July.
                          my sister, her husband and their friends went there.They love it.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Killian View Post
                            I had one for years. Better than a tent but I wouldn’t do it again. I went up to a travel trailer and love it. Pop ups are easy to store and a little easier to tow but closing them up stinks. Especially in the rain.
                            yes, that is the worst part. I had a slide in for an S-10 (yep) that cranked up a few feet and it was a blast...unless it rained. All around was canvas and plastic windows that cracked.
                            I won't mention the 2016 17' Casita Freedom deluxe I just bought in January out in AZ. I won't say how awesome that is either... /hijack

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Never had a popup but started with a 2007 Jayco 27BH then moved up to a 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS triple slide. About 36' bumoer to tongue. GVWR just shy of 11k. A little bigger than the old one.
                              Just get out and camp. You and the family will love it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X