X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they look tired

Comment

Originally posted by Killian View Post
      ..........closing them up stinks. Especially in the rain.
      That’s the biggest problem with a pop up. Setting them up and closing them in the rain sucks. Setting up isn’t that bad but if you close it up wet you’ll have to get it home and open it up again to dry.

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
      President T. Roosevelt
      OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

Comment

Originally posted by Killian View Post
        I had one for years. Better than a tent but I wouldn’t do it again. I went up to a travel trailer and love it. Pop ups are easy to store and a little easier to tow but closing them up stinks. Especially in the rain.
        Yeah, that's a trade off I am going to have to accept but its all in perspective. Even a travel trailer one would still have to pack up the exterior, fold up any canopies, pack chairs up, and connect to the tow vehicle, pull chocks so its not completely dry like an RV would be. On the bright side, a pop up is still better than a bunch of tents to pack up in the rain. But then again, camping in the rain sounds like a crap trip anyways so no matter where your bedroom is, its going to suck.

Comment

Originally posted by METALHEAD View Post

We're looking at a trip to otter lake in PA for July. That would be our first trip. Beyond that she seems to think we could use it for trips to Hershey park campgrounds and the like. Different experience and expenses from hotels and more freedom to just go, wherever and whenever.
          If we like it, an upgrade to a travel trailer isn't out of the question but it's tough to justify the size and expense without knowing if everyone enjoys it.
          Beach camoing probably isn't on my list of things to do but who knows. I personally am not a fan of sitting on the beach by the ocean, I'd rather be on it with a boat under my feet and a fishing pole but all things can change.
          That stuff sounds like fun .i just want to add in from experience that leaving NY and coming back tolls are expensive,add a trailer on and they go up. I’m sure you know Hershey is $$$$ and the campground is not far off. I’m just saying a simple trip to PA can get pretty expensive,like most stuff that involves kids. That’s why beach camping is good . $15 a night no where to spend money and there are fish to catch . But I digress. It’s been said many times try to rent one first.just one more thing,trying to get any campsites on LI is pretty tough.they book out in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBrianDDS View Post

Only reason I came to this thread haha
            Me too... I thought he was going to be shilling for the glock giveaway guy...

Comment

Originally posted by METALHEAD View Post

Yeah, that's a trade off I am going to have to accept but its all in perspective. Even a travel trailer one would still have to pack up the exterior, fold up any canopies, pack chairs up, and connect to the tow vehicle, pull chocks so its not completely dry like an RV would be. On the bright side, a pop up is still better than a bunch of tents to pack up in the rain. But then again, camping in the rain sounds like a crap trip anyways so no matter where your bedroom is, its going to suck.

Its s not quite the same. With a pop up all of the wet canopies are inside when you close up. Like Vietvet said, you have to open it up and dry it.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyblueyes View Post

That stuff sounds like fun .i just want to add in from experience that leaving NY and coming back tolls are expensive,add a trailer on and they go up. I’m sure you know Hershey is $$$$ and the campground is not far off. I’m just saying a simple trip to PA can get pretty expensive,like most stuff that involves kids. That’s why beach camping is good . $15 a night no where to spend money and there are fish to catch . But I digress. It’s been said many times try to rent one first.just one more thing,trying to get any campsites on LI is pretty tough.they book out in a day.
                Good points here. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X