Year round tent camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Year round tent camping

Are there any places to camp off season in a tent on Long Island? I’m thinking of getting a hot tent and using a tent stove. Thanks in advance

Saw this setup on the van wyck last week, probably don’t need to make reservations lol.

Ryan 0B35F8F4-F09B-48AB-9C4F-7176C8995819.jpg

Comment

• imrich
      imrich commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s not camping, that’s homeless.

• RandLee
      RandLee commented
      Editing a comment
      It's good to be out in the nice fresh air.

Originally posted by nyctpt View Post
    Saw this setup on the van wyck last week, probably don’t need to make reservations lol.

Ryan 0B35F8F4-F09B-48AB-9C4F-7176C8995819.jpg
    Lol, definitely looks year round!

Comment

I was going to get a tent and stove from Pomoly but I think winter camping on LI is limited if any. I know you can’t at state parks. Upstate or PA may give you a better shot. Let me know if you find anything.

Comment

Only thing I can find is primitive camping upstate, I’m not quite ready for that though

Comment

My son camps outside basically year round with the boyscouts, but I’m guessing your too old for that!

Comment

I used to stay in a tent with pops on club property during deer season . Yeah we roughed it for sure. One night the guys next to us cut there way out of there collapsed tent after 18” of snow. We kept the heater off while sleeping so we didn’t die.

Comment

Suffolk County has year round camp grounds. No idea if they restrict use of tents over the winter though.

Comment

Look into overland camping, the tent is on to of your vehicle you climb a ladder to get in and out, most setups have heating for year round camping.

https://gpelectric.com/best-overland...-packing-list/

I had a set up when I did surf casting on LI beaches on a GMC pick up/
                Last edited by Airbrush art; 10-07-2022, 05:44 PM.
                stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

Left lane of the Northern State Pkwy, exits 40 - 42.

Comment

Become a carpenter. You will be outdoors in all kinds of weather. You'll be very happy every time you're warm and dry.
                    Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
                      I used to stay in a tent with pops on club property during deer season . Yeah we roughed it for sure. One night the guys next to us cut there way out of there collapsed tent after 18” of snow. We kept the heater off while sleeping so we didn’t die.
                      My (former) partner does that every hunting season in the Adirondacks. He takes a small john boat across a lake, humps his stuff up a hill and finds his 55 gal drums of stowed equipment/tent. He stays in the tent for a week+, often by himself. Last year, on the way back, he had to break ice to get the boat through. Crazy.
                      “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
                      Algernon Blackwood

Comment

• bigbore44
                        bigbore44 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And I'll bet any amount of money, that it was his most peaceful, relaxing week+ of his entire year!

• Dan 0351
                        Dan 0351 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        THAT is an understatement. That guy starts counting the days as soon as deer season closes.

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
                      Left lane of the Northern State Pkwy, exits 40 - 42.
                      Left lane anywhere in the Northeast. These assholes just don't get it.

Comment

Randall’s Island. I just heard it’s an up and coming camp ground. Brush up on your Spanish.

Comment

Working...
                        X