Camper Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camper Help

We have a camper at our Bohemia barn that is going to be used this winter as kind of an office/warm place for my fiance and newborn to be between lessons. I know NOTHING about campers, and honestly dont have the time to get on this. The camper is behind a fence, and thus stuck where it is. It has electric. I know it needs to be leveled. I would like to pay someone to come and check the whole thing out and get it ready for use. There is also a large propane tank which I assume was used for heat when it was in use. Anyone here up to the task or can refer me to someone?

Wrong website buddy...

Comment

If it has been sitting exposed, I would be concerned about mold, especially with a newborn. I would test it for that before I put any other work into it.
      Ben

Comment

Better have the water lines checked if the camper is equipped.
        They should have been winterized and if it's going to be used during the winter it most likely means NO water will be available in that camper.
        Lines will freeze if they aren't either emptied or filled with RV Antifreeze.

Pictures would help.

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
        President T. Roosevelt

OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

Comment

The camper was in use 18 months ago. I believe it was winterized. No mold. There is a bathroom with hot/cold water in the barn 30' away. I think the thing just needs to be cleaned, leveled, and have all systems tested/repaired if necessary. Electric, heat, and A/C are the only functions we really need here. Are there any camper/rv places local that could send a guy out? As I said, thing is stuck behind a fence and cant be taken to them.

Comment

Not sure if they'd be interested but try WES Trailer in Wading River.

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
            President T. Roosevelt

OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

Comment

Agreed on the water situation, you're never gonna keep that going during the winter. that only leaves your propane furnace to worry about. Check your flex lines at the tank/manifold-regulator assy for cracks etc. Check the furnace exhaust for Bee's nests just inside the grate. If you're just hooking up the gas for the first time, purge the lines by opening up the valves on the stove top. Once you can get them to burn constant, then fire up the furnace. The fan will run right away, with warm air to follow. If it doesn't light -off within about 5mins or so, then you need help. As for leveling, just throw a 2' level on the middle of the floor down the middle, and adjust accordingly. I would adust with just the tongue jack first, and then put cinder blocks under all four corners with shims to take all of the movement out of it. Pretty easy-peasy to do, with a little time. If I had the time, I would be there to lend a hand, but as we all know...Time is short most of the time. LOL! Feel free to send any questions my way.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
                Agreed on the water situation, you're never gonna keep that going during the winter. that only leaves your propane furnace to worry about. Check your flex lines at the tank/manifold-regulator assy for cracks etc. Check the furnace exhaust for Bee's nests just inside the grate. If you're just hooking up the gas for the first time, purge the lines by opening up the valves on the stove top. Once you can get them to burn constant, then fire up the furnace. The fan will run right away, with warm air to follow. If it doesn't light -off within about 5mins or so, then you need help. As for leveling, just throw a 2' level on the middle of the floor down the middle, and adjust accordingly. I would adust with just the tongue jack first, and then put cinder blocks under all four corners with shims to take all of the movement out of it. Pretty easy-peasy to do, with a little time. If I had the time, I would be there to lend a hand, but as we all know...Time is short most of the time. LOL! Feel free to send any questions my way.
                if I cant find someone to pay to do it, i may just do that. Have to go install the IP cameras and seal some leaks around the skylights in the hayloft this weekend anyway, I can probably snap a few pictures while i am there

Comment

Never worked on a camper heating and AC but I'm sure I could figure it out if you can't get anybody. I would also invest in a CO and smoke detector

Comment

Working...
                  X