License for Pond Fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License for Pond Fishing?

I was told that if I want to take my 5 year old son fishing at a local pond or lake in Nassau that I need to have a fishing license? Is this true? I mean seriously? WTF?

Him, no.

But if you even touch the rod technically, yes.
    I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
    I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

its best that you get a fresh water license even if your not fishing
      but if your going to do any fishing your self with him you will need one i always bring mine when i take my grandson fishing even when in nit going to fish
      PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
      For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed-For Those Who Don't None Will Do
      WE HUNT BY SIGHT-NOT BY SOUND
      Member Of The NRA - Trophy Life Member of North American Hunting Club - Syosset Sportsman Club
      DUCKS UNLIMATED WESTERN SUFFOLK CHAPTER
      New York Hunter Safety Instructor

Comment

If you are not fishing and your child is, you do not need one nor does your child.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
          If you are not fishing and your child is, you do not need one nor does your child.
          Just don't get caught touching the rod or bam accessory to the fact !
          There are two types of people in this world. People that think the Goverment is looking out for their best interest and people that just think !

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
            In theory, yes. In reality, when the DEC ECO or whomever watched you 'help' cast or untangle the line while holding the rod, you'll be considered 'fishing' and the child just accompanying you. The liscense is cheaper than the summons.
            Last edited by NYDeer; 07-10-2016, 12:14 PM.
            Hunter, NRA Life Member, NYS Deplorable

🚄TrumpTrain2016🇺🇸.🇺🇸.🇺🇸

Pro Political Term Limits
            Anti High Capacity Mag Limits
            Fuck Andrew Cuomo's Suck my Ass Act

Comment

This is a free country as long as you follow all the rules.
              Unless of course you are a Clinton
              let's make america great again

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I seriously can't believe this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Southshorerob View Post

Just don't get caught touching the rod or bam accessory to the fact !
                  I go clamming, not into the rod. 😀

Comment

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
                    There are two types of people in this world. People that think the Goverment is looking out for their best interest and people that just think !

Comment

When all else fails if you get stopped shrug your shoulders and act like a foreigner, they'll move on to a white American male to summonses.

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
                        This is a free country as long as you follow all the rules.
                        Unless of course you are a Clinton
                        The country is free. The licenses, permits, fees, pass, consent or authorizations needed for everything...not so much.

Comment

Have any of you guys done this online? I hate to regisiter for anything through the state, but I'm assuming that if I go in person my info will be entered into a database anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post
                            Have any of you guys done this online? I hate to regisiter for anything through the state, but I'm assuming that if I go in person my info will be entered into a database anyway.
                            The DECALs system for sporting liscense? Yes, it's a state wide system. As far as I know, fishing enthusiasts haven't been labeled a potential hate group or terrorist organization so I doubt you'd be on the no fly list from it, so you may be safe from having your evil black high capacity fishing rods confiscated or banned..

I know you can print a temp hunting back tag if you loose your original, so you may be able to print a temp fishing lisc until the original arrives in the mail.
                            Last edited by NYDeer; 07-10-2016, 02:04 PM.
                            Hunter, NRA Life Member, NYS Deplorable

🚄TrumpTrain2016🇺🇸.🇺🇸.🇺🇸

Pro Political Term Limits
                            Anti High Capacity Mag Limits
                            Fuck Andrew Cuomo's Suck my Ass Act

Comment

Go to Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery. No license at pay to use facilities. http://cshfishhatchery.org/fishing/

http://cshfishhatchery.org/
                              Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Working...
                              X