• Time
  • Show
Clear All

any luck with stripers on the pier
    let's make america great again

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
      One more p and I'll be on the pier......

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
        Does anyone eat these ugly things?

77B77506-B5B4-464A-8F9B-F6803768D982.jpeg
        While I've never eaten skate I read years ago they use the meat in dishes that they say are scallops.
        In fact, unscrupulous restaurants are said to literally use skate with a cookie cutter like device to " make" scallops.
        It isn't the same but it is similar.
        Possibly like how monk fish tastes like lobster
        Skate is similar to a shark, the white meat should be good.
        "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

skate wing is over the top good, cut wings close to the main body, cut off the outside tip of the wing about 1/2" , leave skin on ,
          flour and pan fry , sauce of browned butter, olive oil ,capers and black olive..you can use a wide tong fork to pull the meat off the wing 'bones'
          after you clean the skate, hold it up and take a look at the carcass, looks like a rato
          High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
            I didn't see anyone catching any. Beside my buddy and I, there were a handful of others on the pier. My buddy got skunked. He usually catches a few sea robins and I usually get crabs (not the crotch kind).
            There was this nasty brown seaweed that was coating my rigs. Every time I reeled in, I had to scoop this crap off my tackle. It was gelatinous and gross. I haven't seen it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

I didn't see anyone catching any. Beside my buddy and I, there were a handful of others on the pier. My buddy got skunked. He usually catches a few sea robins and I usually get crabs (not the crotch kind).
              There was this nasty brown seaweed that was coating my rigs. Every time I reeled in, I had to scoop this crap off my tackle. It was gelatinous and gross. I haven't seen it before.
              Had that same issue fishing out by sore thumb

Comment

the small school striped bass are in the back of cold spring harbor, end of bayville 'creek' , Lloyd harbor top marsh grass , outgoing tide , found small crabs and worms
                when cleaning um
                High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post

One more p and I'll be on the pier......
                  With Zoysia?

Comment

somewhere in my foggy memory I remember skates being cubed and sold as scallops????
                    "The same people who sell the panic sell the pill"
                    "If you don't control your mind, someone else will."

Comment

Originally posted by raceradam View Post

With Zoysia?
                      Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
                        somewhere in my foggy memory I remember skates being cubed and sold as scallops????
                        Yeah, that's what someone said just the other day when we were at Bay Park, and a fisherman pulled one in. They said they take the wings and cut round holes in it the size of sea scallops. Then cook it like scallops.
                        Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
                        Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Working...
                        X