Bluefish limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by METALHEAD View Post
    You can keep my 3... I wouldn’t eat bluefish unless it was full on survival.
    Maybe that is because you don't process it properly or don't know how to cook?!! LOL

Comment

All the negative comments on eating bluefish only tells me that y'all don't know how to properly process what you catch and/or you suck as cooks! LOL

Comment

Personally, all limitations on us anglers can be blamed on the commercial industry, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderheart View Post
          All the negative comments on eating bluefish only tells me that y'all don't know how to properly process what you catch and/or you suck as cooks! LOL

I don’t care how you cook ‘um blues suck. And the bigger they are the more they suck. Their suckness is proportional to their size with “alligator”blues sucking the most.

But enjoy!!

Comment

I can only ask that those who do not know how to cook them return them quickly to the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitefoot View Post
              Gotta smoke em . You would not believe you were eating bluefish.
              110%. I love striped bass, fluke, sea bass, porgies, etc.....I would never even give bluefish a try until I had it smoked. FUCKING PHENOMENAL!!!! Get yourself a triscuit, some horseradish cheddar, and pieces of smoked bluefish. You will eat it like potato chips watching a game or throwing back a few with the boys. I shit you not! I don't do gamey, fishy, weird shit......try it smoked before you write it off!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pequa1 View Post
                I can only ask that those who do not know how to cook them return them quickly to the water.
                Amen to that and thank you. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post

110%. I love striped bass, fluke, sea bass, porgies, etc.....I would never even give bluefish a try until I had it smoked. FUCKING PHENOMENAL!!!! Get yourself a triscuit, some horseradish cheddar, and pieces of smoked bluefish. You will eat it like potato chips watching a game or throwing back a few with the boys. I shit you not! I don't do gamey, fishy, weird shit......try it smoked before you write it off!!!!!
                  Shhhhh ! Actually, smoked is Ok but broiling with a cover of lo-fat Mayo and Old Bay Seasoning is what we like. One day I have to try sea robins again lol.

Comment

Speaking of limits, was on a charter in Montauk Monday. Had to throw back 4 stripers and not because they were under 28 inches!!!!! Want to talk about heartbreaking!!! 42 incher over the side, 39 over the side, 37 aaaaaand 36 over there side.... the 42 incher was a fatty!
                    only had 1 stripper of about 12 caught that fit the slot and boy was it delicious

Comment

Originally posted by pequa1 View Post

Shhhhh ! Actually, smoked is Ok but broiling with a cover of lo-fat Mayo and Old Bay Seasoning is what we like. One day I have to try sea robins again lol.
                      I haven't tried one yet, but in theory sea robins should taste just like flounder, very similar diet. The only reason i think those are considered throwaways are because they're a pain to filet with the big bony head. The french love them, bake them whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderheart View Post

Maybe that is because you don't process it properly or don't know how to cook?!! LOL
                        Maybe we just have different preferences.
                        Or maybe they just taste like shit and thats the flavor profile you prefer.
                        I’ve tried em a few ways and I’d rather spend my time catching fluke and not wasting prep time polishing a turd so I can choke it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike103 View Post

I don’t care how you cook ‘um blues suck. And the bigger they are the more they suck. Their suckness is proportional to their size with “alligator”blues sucking the most.

But enjoy!!
                          You might like them with a side of spider crab salad.
                          NRA Life member

Comment

Originally posted by Whitefoot View Post
                            Gotta smoke em . You would not believe you were eating bluefish.
                            Totally agree. It is all in the preparation.

My wife and daughter LOVE smoked bluefish. Wifey also scales and pan fries them. Anyone who does not want their blues, send them my way.

Comment

I always am amazed when I hear people complain about eating blue fish.
                              like so many things if they are prepared correctly they are great.

grill in aluminum foil tomatoes, onions and bacon.
                              the tomato acid neutralizes the “fishy oily” taste and texture.
                              cook until the white meat flakes off.
                              Delicious. And I’m not a big fish person
                              ive only had it this way though for about 50 years so I could be wrong.
                              "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

In 1976 dad took my brother and me out on a party boat to catch blues. Dad got skunked, could catch anything. I got sick and spent the night tossing my guts over the side. My brother, the fish killer caught a dozen or so. His stomping on their skulls contributed to my puking. But I digress. Dad, being a butcher, dutifully cut everything up, packed it well, and stocked the freezer in the basement. Not long after we went on the only family trip I remember taking as a kid. We drove to Disney and were gone for two weeks. In a car with no AC, just the breeze from open windows 😂. When we got home,as soon as we got off the SSP about 3/4 a mile from home, we noticed a stench. It was awful. We couldn’t figure out what it was. There were no garbage pails out so it wasn’t garbage day. No, it was us. The freezer in the basement went bad and 40or so pounds of bluefish rotted for two weeks.

I can still smell it.
                                "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                                Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                                Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Working...
                                X