Dolphins in Bay Park canal, East Rockaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphins in Bay Park canal, East Rockaway

Was hanging out with some friends tonight at Bay Park, along the canal, when a young dolphin was seen swimming in the canal. The canal is pretty far from the ocean, and it would take a lot of maneuvering through all the inlets and bays to reach this canal from either Jones Beach or Long Beach. Someone mentioned that 3 of them were spotted earlier today, but we saw only the one. Hard to see in the video clips, but it is a young, small dolphin. Hopefully it doesn't get clipped by a boat going down the canal.

Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
    Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Mahi mahi.
    Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

The canals are filled with big bunker this year. Probably cashing in on the buffet.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
        Mahi mahi.
        Different bird.

"The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

More whale beaching than normal this year, dolphins at Bay Park...even NY sea mammals want out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Different bird.

It's still a dolphin. They're cute. We can't eat them.
            Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

We had a pod in the Peconic Bay last weekend...........

Comment

The waters are the cleanest I can remember in my lifetime.
                The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

Comment

Working...
                X