Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North or South Shore rocky beaches?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    North or South Shore rocky beaches?

    Curious if someone can chime in, I am looking for a public beach on the north or south shore that has rocks or structures casting distance off the beach. I’ve been scouting google maps but can’t find much. Your help is greatly appreciated.

    #2
    Be hard to find a stretch of north shore beach that doesnt have rocks within casting distance

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by BillyBonds View Post
      Be hard to find a stretch of north shore beach that doesnt have rocks within casting distance
      Appreciate your input but it’s not helpful. Most of the beaches that have parking and are public are not what I’m looking for, as they are primarily for swimmers. I am looking for large rock structures

      Comment


        #4
        You looking to go fishing or do photography? Mount Sinai harbor ( Town of Brookhaven ) has a nice fishing pier at the end of the road past the town marina. If you have access to a shop selling NOAA or USCG navigation maps you can look on them for something called " rip-rap" which is the term they use for man made rocky structures used to protect beaches or harbor entrances.

        Comment


          #5
          Target Rock?

          Comment


            #6
            Wildwood?

            Comment


              #7
              Pirate's Cove?

              Comment


                #8
                What reason? Do you have any town permits or beach access permits?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Organix View Post

                  Appreciate your input but it’s not helpful. Most of the beaches that have parking and are public are not what I’m looking for, as they are primarily for swimmers. I am looking for large rock structures
                  most of those beach spots are bordered by spots you desire

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Montauk ! That's where you want to be.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks for the feedback. Looking to target Blackfish. Have done charters in the past but recently developed major seasickness. So looking for options On how to target said species. Looked at YouTube a lot and saw a few John Skinner videos, he was pulling them right off the beach.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Organix View Post
                        Curious if someone can chime in, I am looking for a public beach on the north or south shore that has rocks or structures casting distance off the beach. I’ve been scouting google maps but can’t find much. Your help is greatly appreciated.
                        Camp hero Montauk
                        Culloden Point Montauk
                        Horton's Point Light Huuse. Lot of steps down to the beach though

                        Tons of places along the North Shore in Suffolk but unsure of access
                        "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Range Time View Post
                          Target Rock?
                          Hard to get to. I'm working there now.
                          Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Ponquogue Bridge in Hampton Bays.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I would recommend looking up Bill Wetzel/John skinner/surfcasters journal and going for stripers if your fishing off the beach especially this time of year but asking for fishing spots good luck with that since it is an unwritten rule to not spot burn, good luck!

                              also look into joining the surf rats forum there’s a lot of information on there for bass fishing.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X