Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spider View Post

Hard to get to. I'm working there now.
    Eaton's Neck is tough too, as is Lloyd Neck. All are worth the trip.

Comment

Short beach in Smithtown. This time of year you shouldn't need a permit

Comment

We used to beach dive at Beach 9th street in Far Rockaway. Probably too far for you but we pulled blackies off the piers of the Atlantic Beach bridge at will. Lots of structure closer to shore because the channel is dredged.

FWIW we never had any issues there and we often had thousands of dollars in dive gear on us or in our cars.

Comment

Meschutt Beach in Hampton Bays. It is on the north side of Shinnecock Inlet. Large stone jetty, has inlet on the west side and rocks structures to the east side. You can cast from the beach or the jetty. Parking is free after 5pm. There is a bar and restaurant there too with live music on weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Organix View Post
            Thanks for the feedback. Looking to target Blackfish. Have done charters in the past but recently developed major seasickness. So looking for options On how to target said species. Looked at YouTube a lot and saw a few John Skinner videos, he was pulling them right off the beach.
            I’ve pulled many blackfish from the jetty at Moriches inlet, fiddler crabs for bait. North end facing east. Don’t remember which tide.

Comment

Montauk Point, the end.

Comment

John Skinner has a video where he explains how to find rocks for black fishing from the surf. Do a search on his YouTube page. The north shore, google earth and Navionics are your friend. The first 2 are free. Navionics you’ll have to pay for.

Comment

Be prepared to lose a lot of rigs blackfishing from the shore. We lose plenty when fishing directly above them from a boat. Can't imagine how many more rigs we'd lose if we were dragging them across the rocks. Plenty of blackfish and rocks at Caumsett if you have a permit.
                  Good luck to ya 👍
                  NRA Life member

Comment

Thank you everyone. You have given me plenty options. I really appreciate everyone’s input.

Comment

Working...
                    X