Smith Point County Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smith Point County Park

Fishing buddy is moving from Nassau to Rocky Point area. anyone know if during the fall that Smith Point County Park allows Nassau residents to park in order to surfcast during the day ? (Not interested in night-time or 4WD, just October thru November.) Fee for non residents ?

From the website it appears it seems that the best way to go would be a non resident fall permit for a $100.
    Resident $100.00 Resident Annual Permit $35 Sr. Citizen/Handicap/Volunteer/Aux. Police/CERT/Veteran $50.00 Resident Daily Permit $10 Non-Resident Annual Individual Permit $55.00 Non-Resident $250.00 Non-Resident Daily Permit $15.00 Resident Fall Permit (purchased on or after 09/04/18) $50.00 Annual Night Fishing Permit - Valid until December 31 Non-Resident Fall Permit (purchased on or after 09/04/18) $100.00 Locations: Smith Point, Cupsogue, Charles F. Altenkirch, Shinnecock East, Cedar Point, Montauk, Shinnecock Canal (west side), Orient Beach & Cordwood Landing. Permit Replacement Fee $35.00

Comment

Honestly, the $100 buck permit is for non resident 4wd and night access after Labor day. That is what I usually get. If you are just going to fish during the day during Oct. and Nov. i have never had anyone bother me . There is no one there to collect the fee anyway.

Comment

Pretty sure there's no fee just to park after September. There's no one in the booth collecting money. You'll be asked to leave at night without a night permit and obviously won't be allowed to drive on the 4x4 area.

Comment

Flyfshr and Jetfan, that is what I was hoping. Seems like that is the same as Town of Oyster Bay Beach in eastern Nassau where I usually fish. (You need a resident only TOBAY sticker to fish after sunset and there is no 4WD access. ) People from all over LI and the city have never been bothered there AFAIK so long as they leave before dark. The "trip" to Smith's would be occasional, to meet my buddy, and neither of us bother with 4WD, preferring to get some exercise, and with our old eyes its an after sunrise and just at sunset for us as well.

Comment

Working...
          X