local fly fishing guides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

local fly fishing guides?

Random request, and I know no gun related but hopefully it's cool enough.

Customer just went fly fishing for the first time and really liked it.

Are there any local guides/outfitters around? Closest one i have any experience with is Housatonic outfitters up in Litchfield County, CT.

Thanks,
    Vick
    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Call Campsite Sports in Huntington. They sell.a lot of fly fishing equipment.

Comment

Fresh or saltwater? Any particular species targeted? Flyfishing is a major addiction of mine. I can probably get you a name or 2.
      NRA Life member

Always looking for lead
      Wheel weights. lino type, ect
      PM me if you have or find some

Comment

I never had the chance to try it yet, but my dad loved fly fishing, both salt and freshwater. His dream was to land a big striper with it. But fishing the West branch was his favorite. Now he's long lining it from heaven. I have all his gear, so maybe some day it will happen for me as well. He had made friends with a Japanese fella, who was in the medical hand instrument business. Whenever Katz would come to the states on business, they always met up to go fly fishing, usually up near Roscoe. That's a long way to go to wet a line.

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post
          Fresh or saltwater? Any particular species targeted? Flyfishing is a major addiction of mine. I can probably get you a name or 2.
          Fresh water. Guy was super excited about his four trout.
          High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

There is also River Bay Outfitters in Baldwin....I believe they do guide trips too...never been there as I fly-fish and get get most of my equipment up in Roscoe...you can check there website for info..
            Last edited by AntVinTas; 11-13-2021, 12:37 AM.

Comment

https://www.dec.ny.gov/cfmx/extapps/...uide/index.cfm
              Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Where does your customer want to fish? LI, Upstate, Alaska etc?
                NRA Life member

Always looking for lead
                Wheel weights. lino type, ect
                PM me if you have or find some

Comment

Paul at River Bay Outfitters , the man is a wealth of information for both fresh and saltwater fishing. Paul is a member of my kayak fishing club and I know him to be a super nice guy.

Comment

Connetquat state park, no guide needed, fly fishing only, was phenomenal, then got hit with whirling disease,believe it has come back. Caught many a beast of a trout there, including a Tiger trout, cross between Brook and a Brown. What a fight

Comment

+1 for Paul McCain at River Bay. A true gentleman.

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
                        Random request, and I know no gun related but hopefully it's cool enough.

Customer just went fly fishing for the first time and really liked it.

Are there any local guides/outfitters around? Closest one i have any experience with is Housatonic outfitters up in Litchfield County, CT.

Thanks,
                        Vick
                        Please don't apologize for not being gun related, that's ridiculous, second time I've seen that today. If people really have issues with varied conversation from like minded people and can't figure out how topic folders work, that's their fk'n problem.

And let us know if you try any guides, I'm totally interested, too. Took a free fly casting class at Orvis, it was great, but still need to break the river fishing cherry.

Comment

You guys are bringing back memories of fishing behind the bike shop in Smithtown as a kid.

Comment

Working...
                          X