North east pig hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North east pig hunts

Considering all the shit I put myself through this month I want to treat myself to a pig hunt. When I was a kid I went to wild hill preserve in VT a few times with my pop. I'd consider going back there but figured I'd see if there are any recommendations that are more current than my past experiences. I want to set something up for a few friends in November. Anyone have any suggestions of where to go or places to avoid? Would like to keep the drive under 6 hours and not get ripped off.

I heard of a few places in PA. I've been considering going as well.

Comment

Originally posted by The Blur View Post
      I heard of a few places in PA. I've been considering going as well.
      Where you looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by METALHEAD View Post
        Where you looking at?
        Tigoa... I think is the correct spelling. I really researched it years ago, but never did anything. They are fenced in hunts, but for a pig, I don't care. I'm a fair chase hunter, but there is something about pigs that just don't count.

I know they closed down all the NYS hog hunts.

Comment

whew. I would love to do this but dam, nothing is cheap any more.

https://www.tiogaboarhunting.com/hunts/boar/
          Originally posted by ChiefSailer
          Deplorables FTW!!

Comment

i am looking at doing a trip to florida cost would be the same including airfare and a 2 night stay. no limit on size of boar and there wild with a 99 percent success rate
            check westshoreoutfitters.com
            let's make america great again

Comment

There's a place in FL called Ron's Guide Service. I was considering him for $200. Just never made it happen...

Comment

Originally posted by METALHEAD View Post
                Considering all the shit I put myself through this month I want to treat myself to a pig hunt. When I was a kid I went to wild hill preserve in VT a few times with my pop. I'd consider going back there but figured I'd see if there are any recommendations that are more current than my past experiences. I want to set something up for a few friends in November. Anyone have any suggestions of where to go or places to avoid? Would like to keep the drive under 6 hours and not get ripped off.
                Sad to say this but Wild Hill does not have Boar hunts any longer. The State started some BS and they decided to stop doing it. They have other hunts still but no more boar.
                I've heard of some places in PA. Some were really really canned i was told, Would love to find hunts like Wild Hill used to do with real Russian boar. They are delicious.
                "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

Sad to say this but Wild Hill does not have Boar hunts any longer. The State started some BS and they decided to stop doing it. They have other hunts still but no more boar.
                  I've heard of some places in PA. Some were really really canned i was told, Would love to find hunts like Wild Hill used to do with real Russian boar. They are delicious.
                  I've hunted boar on 3 continents. Wild Hills was canned. A little less canned, but canned. I hunted there once w a friend. I should have known better.

Comment

^ Wild Hill, while a lot better than some of the PA places, isn't hunting, it's pig shooting. They put on a good show and you may even believe you're hunting for a bit, but you're not. That said, if you want some great meat and can afford it.... someone's got to kill the animals you eat, it might as well be you. (ETA: didn't see they had stopped the boar hunting)

The second day I was there we went out at sat in the woods and just watched the animals. I could have killed $30k worth of game with no trouble. "Hunting" in a game farm.
                    Last edited by cas; 08-29-2017, 05:52 PM.
                    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

The frickin "game farms" were a big part of how the whole boar invasion started. A lot of them imported the boar, the boar inevitably escaped the fenced in areas, and have since multiplied and spread like wildfire destroying everything in their path across entire regions. And then you have the libtards in NY state DEC who turn around and ban farmers and hunters from even shooting any they come across. You have a destructive, invasive species on the loose and the state won't let you downsize the problem even when its in your sights. Pure idiocy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarheadsergeant View Post

I've hunted boar on 3 continents. Wild Hills was canned. A little less canned, but canned. I hunted there once w a friend. I should have known better.
                        The difference between Wild Hill and the other game farms I've heard bout is while they stock them they don't feed them and the animals run free. They also have a lot more land that alot of the other places.
                        To me it's the big game hunting equivalent of going to a pheasant game farm.
                        Wild boar is mighty tasty and I like the meat.
                        Most of these other places have wild pigs which are different.

Funny thing about these hunts is they remind me of actual boar hunting in Germany. The hunter has to lease or own the land for hunting and he is charged with maintaining his herd. It's his job to thin the herd and cull sick or old animals. He's also responsible if boar go on a neighboring farm and destroy crops.
                        They know where the boars sleep, eat and drink. They have stands along the way and it's pretty much canned hunting
                        "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

We took my dad on a hog hunt in NY before they stopped it. I didn't realize how canned it was until we got there. The guide took us out and we walked a ways..."there u go" it was a pink pig. Said wtf. So we shot a ram instead. He had a bison walking around. 2k to shoot that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post
                            Pure idiocy.
                            like there is any other way for the NY ruling elite to act.

Comment

I would love to go on a hog hunt. There are states loaded with wild hog and they are happy for them to be hunted.

Comment

Working...
                              X