LIGC Hunting Preserve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIGC Hunting Preserve

We have talked about this countless times over the years starting at the Canadian site. The threads get swamped by the naysayers. Despite that, I am resurrecting the idea for shits and giggles.

i have been looking at land upstate. I would love my own piece of property with enough land to shoot on as well as hunt with proximity to state land for more hunting as well as being close to a lake. There are many plots of land for sale with nothing on it. Add an existing building and the price jumps. The alternative that I see is getting a bunch of guys together to buy land and erect a communal building.
    In a nutshell, I figure 20 guys kicking in $20k each. The land is owned by an LLC or a trust. 75 acres can be gotten for $100k. Figure another $100k for a lodge with cesspool, well and electric. All owners have full run of the place. Does this make sense?
    Assumptions are land in NY within 3 hours from LI.

If if you have a real comment, please share. Keep the "it will never work because..." to yourself. I want to hear ideas of how to make it work. If you are interested, say so. If we get enough guys, maybe it can happen.

I like the idea. Wish I can get in but I am new home owner poor. I would pay for a membership of some sort to use it.

Comment

Its a great idea there are many rod and gun clubs upstate. They must start some how.

Comment

Logistical and planning nightmare. I love the idea of a club or lodge but 20 guys with unlimited, equal access is a recipe for 20 guys ending up on 19 shitlists.
        Schedules, rotations, opening days, weekends, holidays, guests, maintenance, parking, restrictions/limitations, quarters, cleaning, grounds....yikes.

In your example the up front investment leaves cash in the till. Maybe fewer guys?
        Id love to see it happen, hell, I'd like to be a part of it, but it'd be a heavy lift for whoever takes point on a project like this.

Comment

While the concept is good it gets really involved. Most clubs are cooperations then you have the issue of liability insurance and everything else. Once you build on it taxes will skyrocket and building upstate is not as simple as it used to be with all the codes and permits involved. I haven't seen any land in good locations at 100k per 75 acres either. Probably a lot easier to get a bunch of guys together and lease property.
          i was a member of Metropolitan Rod and Gun club for over 30 years. 1000 acres up by Hancock and a brownstone in downtown Brooklyn with an archery and pistol range. Dues were very reasonable

Besides the fact that it's still NY

Comment

Thoughts of just property, bring your own trailer or tent?

Comment

Originally posted by DrBrianDDS View Post
              Thoughts of just property, bring your own trailer or tent?
              My concept is to build a communal lodge. Trailers and tents would be welcome.

Comment

I have opening weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by The Blur View Post
                  I have opening weekend.
                  Clearly it is easier to figure out who won't be invited than it is to find the right ones.

Comment

I'd be willing to help with labor in exchange for some hunting time. If thats an option.

Comment

What's the other $200,000 for?
                      You said 20 guys at 20 k that's 400k

you'd have to to come up with a way for someone to sell his share.
                      there would also have to be dues to pay bills, taxes etc. unless you figure the 200k would generate enough interest to cover that.
                      some clubs have mandatory work parties or additional fees are charged to those that don't or can't work.
                      that way it's a little fairer.

im not interested in further tying myself to this liberal shithole so I wouldn't be interested for that reason.
                      i want to be put of here in 6 years

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post
                        What's the other $200,000 for?
                        You said 20 guys at 20 k that's 400k

you'd have to to come up with a way for someone to sell his share.
                        there would also have to be dues to pay bills, taxes etc. unless you figure the 200k would generate enough interest to cover that.
                        some clubs have mandatory work parties or additional fees are charged to those that don't or can't work.
                        that way it's a little fairer.

im not interested in further tying myself to this liberal shithole so I wouldn't be interested for that reason.
                        i want to be put of here in 6 years
                        I figured the extra 200k to cover contingencies and to provide some interest income.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, that's how LIPSA is put together - a handful are owners of the club....

It's an entertaining thought.... how the hunting calendar would be worked out is a big question.

Comment

It's a great idea. I am in but only if we do it in Vermont or Pennsylvania. I want no further ties to the FUAC state.
                            Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

I want out of the liberal cesspool and moving to a free state is more in my cards for the future not staying here, but best of luck to those who want this.
                              stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

Working...
                              X