No announcement yet.

LIGC Hunting Preserve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To reiterate and add a new reason, do this is PA or Vermont. In addition to not being in FUAC-land, it will have lower taxes and allow fun toys like suppressors and such.
    Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post
      To reiterate and add a new reason, do this is PA or Vermont. In addition to not being in FUAC-land, it will have lower taxes and allow fun toys like suppressors and such.
      Assuming our primary residences were still in NY, how would we get NFA toys and where would we keep them?

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

Assuming our primary residences were still in NY, how would we get NFA toys and where would we keep them?

Trust or corporate ownership organized in the state (PA or VT). 100% legal and quite common.
        Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Trust or corporate ownership organized in the state (PA or VT). 100% legal and quite common.
          And where do they get stored?

Comment

And things just got even more complicated.

Comment

And where do they get stored?
              At your hunting lodge. Or I assume the association could invest in a good communal safe.

Comment

Three thoughts>;

I like the camper idea, no permanent structures to maintain.
                The rule of thumb is 40 acres per hunter, is 75 enough?
                How soon until McFly makes this a permanent residence?

"Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
                Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

Comment

Originally posted by Hannco View Post
                  Three thoughts>;
                  Never if you charge a rent of $11 per month

Comment

Originally posted by Hannco View Post
                    Three thoughts>;

I like the camper idea, no permanent structures to maintain.
                    The rule of thumb is 40 acres per hunter, is 75 enough?

'

I think the better way to do it is buy a large block 1000 acres if you can, and carve out separated 5 acre sites. Members get a 5 acre site, build a cabin or a trailer or whatever you want as it won't be visible from the other sites. The common land in between is owned by an association. Each of the lots gets an easement to hunt on the common land and is transferable subject to a right of first refusal by the association. The association will also set up a 200 or 300 yard range that can be used by all.

Comment

At your hunting lodge. Or I assume the association could invest in a good communal safe.
                      Not sure that would be enough to leave in a lodge which is empty most of the time where local thieves could break in and have all the time needed to remove the safe. Alarm, Cameras, internet all needed then at that point.

Comment

I know some of those type of camps have a full time care taker that lives there maintains trails ,cooks for members ect.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthForkSportsman View Post

Not sure that would be enough to leave in a lodge which is empty most of the time where local thieves could break in and have all the time needed to remove the safe. Alarm, Cameras, internet all needed then at that point.
                          I am not comfortable leaving my guns at a hunting lodge for all the reasons you mentioned.

Nor or is a caretaker economically feasible.

Comment

I am not comfortable leaving my guns at a hunting lodge for all the reasons you mentioned.

Nor or is a caretaker economically feasible.
                            Often care takers are young guys and they do it for free lodging.
                            Their duties are limited. Some only get free rent end utilities. Others get a stipend. It all depends on how much they have to do.
                            Just having someone staying there to watch the place is a great thing

Comment

'

I think the better way to do it is buy a large block 1000 acres if you can, and carve out separated 5 acre sites. Members get a 5 acre site, build a cabin or a trailer or whatever you want as it won't be visible from the other sites. The common land in between is owned by an association. Each of the lots gets an easement to hunt on the common land and is transferable subject to a right of first refusal by the association. The association will also set up a 200 or 300 yard range that can be used by all.
                              Like this idea, but seems like a lot of planning that would need to go into this. Also not sure each member needs a 5 acre lot for his cabin, that a lot of roads and electric. Wouldnt 1 acre suffice? Best to keep the "developed" portion of the land to a minimum. And I would rather see this happen in VT, or NH

Comment

'

The expense of each 5 acre piece to get power poles , a septic system, and a well for each would be cost prohibitive. Each would need a excavator to clear enough to get a plot You are creating a sub division.

Comment

Working...
                                X