No announcement yet.

Prarie Dog Hunts in the Midwest?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$600 per day. Not cheap, but not horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

$600 per day. Not cheap, but not horrible.
      No, definitely not cheap. Plus the flights and any other transportation needed plus the lodging cost which I assume is on top of the per day fee for the hunt. Just thinking about it. Looks like fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post

No, definitely not cheap. Plus the flights and any other transportation needed plus the lodging cost which I assume is on top of the per day fee for the hunt. Just thinking about it. Looks like fun!!
        Lodging and food is included.

Comment

I looked into it a few years ago when I was at the Great American Outdoor Show in Pa. I was watching videos and was told that's there so many you need 2 rifles so you can switch to let the barrels cool down

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
            I looked into it a few years ago when I was at the Great American Outdoor Show in Pa. I was watching videos and was told that's there so many you need 2 rifles so you can switch to let the barrels cool down
            If you come upon a town that hasn't been shot at you will heat up your barrel. They will just stand there wondering what's going on as you pick them off.

Comment

'Spent 3 days in Ft Pierre SD with Jim River Guide Service. Great outfit. 4 shooters on benches, dog towns anywhere from 400 yds out and farther. Used Tikka 22.250 with handloads. Two shooters used AR15s w/ Fiochhi. They went through 500 rds/day and had better results. Absolutely beautiful country out there in the middle of nowhere...Looks like the set of Dances With Wolves....because it WAS the set for Dances With Wolves! A PD shoot isn't hunting; it's precision bench rest shooting. Do it.

Comment

If you are going to SD, do a combo hunt. Some prairie dog and some pheasant.

Comment

Prairie dog/coyote

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post

Unless your our one of those guys who has a water cooling set up

IMG_0241.JPG
                    The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

wH2B6Q.gif
                      "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
                      Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

Comment

Working...
                      X