Hipster Hunters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hipster Hunters

Try not to shoot any, if you come across them. They'll be the ones wearing camo.

Want organic, sustainable meat? Kill it yourself, say veteran hunters trying to appeal to the next generation of recruits in order to keep the sport alive. ‘Earthy crunchy aligns very well with deer hunting.’
    No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Regards,
    Chris

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post
    Try not to shoot any, if you come across them. They'll be the ones wearing camo.
    I'd be more worried about them shooting us.
    A sunny day
    A shotgun and a Chevrolet
    Wouldn't you like that?

Comment

Can't read it w/o subscribing.

Summary please.
      I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
      I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Want to keep the sport alive? Make it a little more friendly for the inexperienced to get started. Unfortunately, if you don't have a close friend to guide you through the process, I think it's damn near impossible that someone will go out solo, in the woods, etc. Not even getting into the whole having a place to hunt thing either. Fuck the hipster asshats.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post
          Want to keep the sport alive? Make it a little more friendly for the inexperienced to get started. Unfortunately, if you don't have a close friend to guide you through the process, I think it's damn near impossible that someone will go out solo, in the woods, etc. Not even getting into the whole having a place to hunt thing either. Fuck the hipster asshats.
          I agree. If it was not for the friends I made while upstate at college I would never had been given the experience to hunt upstate and have access to property to continue hunting. I would not have gone on my own to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post

I agree. If it was not for the friends I made while upstate at college I would never had been given the experience to hunt upstate and have access to property to continue hunting. I would not have gone on my own to do it.
            Ditto.

I know a guy who helped me a little, not much, but enough to get started. The rest I've had to learn solo (and still very much learning).

It's hard to get a committed hunting buddy (as it is fishing buddy) with work, family, personal schedules, costs and efforts etc.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

How do they climb into a tree stand in those tight pants?

Comment

Hunting.jpg

Comment

Me earlier this week afield.

20190107_080206_edited.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

Ditto.

I know a guy who helped me a little, not much, but enough to get started. The rest I've had to learn solo (and still very much learning).

It's hard to get a committed hunting buddy (as it is fishing buddy) with work, family, personal schedules, costs and efforts etc.
                    Finding someone to hunt with is tough. I have been trying for years to find someone to hunt geese with here on Long Island lol

Comment

Me earlier this week afield.

20190107_080206_edited.jpg
                      No offense, but a lil vitamin D on your face would make you feel better. You look awfully pale!

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post

No offense, but a lil vitamin D on your face would make you feel better. You look awfully pale!
                        It was very cold that morning.

Comment

Where to hunt? Anywhere they choose, how dare they be denied access to anything they want.
                          Safety? Not their problem. Shoot the buddy in the neck, sue the gun manufacturer AND the landowner.
                          What to shoot? Keep those dogs locked up.
                          Will they help sustain the sport? IDGAF if they do. They’ll neuter any shooting sport they touch with their bullshit ideas anyway. I’d rather most of em stay away.
                          Will I take one out? Teach them? Try to make em safe? Absolutely. Right up until the moment they try to turn things around to suit their own lazy, entitled selves...then it’s mic drop 🎤 , I’m out.

Comment

Ditto.

Glad to hear you kept going with it, and for the record, you will never stop learning. White tails are concidered one of the smartest animals on the friggin planet. Just when you THINK you have figured them out, think again lol.

Comment

Can't read it w/o subscribing.

Summary please.
                              It wasn't behind the paywall earlier. I can't get to it now either.

Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post

I don't hunt. I think I would kinda like it but not really love it and that's not enough for me to pursue it. I wouldn't mind hanging out in a warm cabin with roaring fire, a pot of chili on the stove and cable TV watching football games. "Sorry honey, I got skunked again. No venison again this year."

The barrier to entry into hunting is much greater than most things and it's not just cost. It's not something you do casually. You can't dabble in it. You have to know you're going to love it. Then you go about getting all the gear, safety course, licensing, finding a place to hunt and at least one good friend who can show you how to at least field dress.

And get something other than a sedan.

Last edited by BLAMMO!!; 01-10-2019, 07:37 PM.
                              No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Regards,
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X