Hipster Hunters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post

It wasn't behind the paywall earlier. I can't get to it now either.

I don't hunt. I think I would kinda like it but not really love it and that's not enough for me to pursue it. I wouldn't mind hanging out in a warm cabin with roaring fire, a pot of chili on the stove and cable TV watching football games. "Sorry honey, I got skunked again. No venison again this year."

The barrier to entry into hunting is much greater than most things and it's not just cost. It's not something you do casually. You can't dabble in it. You have to know you're going to love it. Then you go about getting all the gear, safety course, licensing, finding a place to hunt and at least one good friend who can show you how to at least field dress.

And get something other than a sedan.

Yeah it’s tough getting into hunting. I know I am getting a great deal with g college buddy hunting on his property and using his cabin. For me hunting is a weekend trip and not a thing to do after work.

Comment

I don't hunt. I think I would kinda like it but not really love it and that's not enough for me to pursue it. I wouldn't mind hanging out in a warm cabin with roaring fire, a pot of chili on the stove and cable TV watching football games. "Sorry honey, I got skunked again. No venison again this year."

The barrier to entry into hunting is much greater than most things and it's not just cost. It's not something you do casually. You can't dabble in it. You have to know you're going to love it. Then you go about getting all the gear, safety course, licensing, finding a place to hunt and at least one good friend who can show you how to at least field dress.

But that sedan is the attention getter. It causes bunny huggers heads to exploded and go absolutely ape-shit on the highway. Lmao!

Comment

You said a mouthful. “I don't hunt. I think I would kinda like it but not really love it and that's not enough for me to pursue it.”. It’s not your thing but more power to someone else who wants to do it. That is the best example I can think of of what has died in America. When the freeholes out there don’t like something someone else does, they lose their collective shit and demonize others. IMO everyone was much happier when people worried about themselves, their families, their jobs and minded their own effing business about shot that didn’t directly take food off their families table.

BTW, I like your plan. I could get behind a non hunting hunting cabin in a big way, +2 on that.

Comment

The first time they get a cam or stand stolen off public land, it will be the end of it for them.
          I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
          I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

It must be really stuffy in that trunk. The deer popped the lid to get some air.
            Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

A few years ago I took a guy from work on a scouting mission out East. He never had any further interest in hunting. I think I worked him too hard.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

A few years ago I took a guy from work on a scouting mission out East. He never had any further interest in hunting. I think I worked him too hard.

As long as you're physically up to it, there's nothing better than spending some time walking through the woods scouting around for rubs and scrapes. Top it off with placing the trail cams out as you go along. Then the anticipation builds towards the next trip to retrieve the memory cards to see what's running around. I had to cancel my hunting this year, due to family medical issues, and I never got to pull my cams out, so there's going to be about three months worth of shots to go through, IF I can get back up there this month. So far, I have gotten screwed by weather the last two weeks in a row.

Comment

I think all the ticks turned him off.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                    ...... IMO everyone was much happier when people worried about themselves, their families, their jobs and minded their own effing business about shot that didn’t directly take food off their families table.

BTW, I like your plan. I could get behind a non hunting hunting cabin in a big way, +2 on that.
                    You can thank the internet for all the above. Everyone has a soap box now. I haven't sat down and actually wrote out the pros and cons of the internet, but my gut tells me the internet has done more harm than good.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post

You can thank the internet for all the above. Everyone has a soap box now. I haven't sat down and actually wrote out the pros and cons of the internet, but my gut tells me the internet has done more harm than good.
                      Just like chainsaws, drugs, guns, and debt, the internet is a powerful tool, if used wisely and responsibly. There are a lot of tools that allow people to make unsound life decisions or engage in bad behavior. It's never the fault of the tool unless the user is a tool.
                      No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Regards,
                      Chris

Comment

Just like chainsaws, drugs, guns, and debt, the internet is a powerful tool, if used wisely and responsibly. There are a lot of tools that allow people to make unsound life decisions or engage in bad behavior. It's never the fault of the tool unless the user is a tool.
                        fair point that I didn't consider.

Comment

Working...
                        X