Take a Kid Shooting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a Kid Shooting

So I took Rone and Vick’s advice and took my son shooting yesterday. Nice 42 degrees and the wind died halfway through the afternoon and the eagles and hawks had the birds holding for the dogs. Nice day in the fields and got my son his first rooster. Lots of chucker and huns holding tight. Pheasant spooked easily but were plentiful. Great day to break my son in busting birds.
    Rone, the stock on the perazzi is loose, I’ll bring it in for your expertise.

Attached Files

very nice on the shared bird hunt with you Son , ask Vicktor about his first Red Rider bird hunt at Lido's Game farm
    loose stock, no problem , duct tape and gorilla glue fixes everything !
    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
      very nice on the shared bird hunt with you Son , ask Vicktor about his first Red Rider bird hunt at Lido's Game farm
      loose stock, no problem , duct tape and gorilla glue fixes everything !
      fun fact that dad forgot (which is fine....)

I wasn't even at red ryder age yet. it was the smaller daisy, the model 105.

Though when it was finally time to bring a shotgun to the field, it was with a pump action .410 that the stock had been cut to red ryder length. true story, dad took my red ryder and the shotgun to the gun smith and said "do this."

High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Though when it was finally time to bring a shotgun to the field, it was with a pump action .410 that the stock had been cut to red ryder length. true story, dad took my red ryder and the shotgun to the gun smith and said "do this."

Well I would prefer to tighten the stock with the screw that holds it as opposed to duct tape.

Comment

Looks like a great day! Is this a club, private land or a preserve?? I'm WAY overdue for a bird day.
          NRA Patron Life Member
          Caribou R&P Club Range Officer
          NRA RSO

Comment

O Ray, I forgot , it ain't like the American Browning set up, it be I - tal - yin and special , we can always get Ed involved , he just loves fixin' Italian stuff

Comment

Prime example why properly trained dogs are a necessity for a very successful bird hunt . Congrats

Comment

Stock photo? Please tell me you have pictures somewhere
                It's all the same, we're all ashamed of our children who can read between the lines of their textbooks
                This world must be witness to revolution every now and then
                The busted wills and scrapfills of this great nation show you can hold a fucking pen

Comment

Originally posted by dougfxdl View Post
                  Looks like a great day! Is this a club, private land or a preserve?? I'm WAY overdue for a bird day.
                  It’s a private club.
                  I still think I would get more roosters with a suppressed 22 with subsonic ammo driving along the roads. Those suckers let you drive right up to them but in the field they run about 50-60 yards ahead
                  Last edited by Rrudo74901; 01-28-2019, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by viper720 View Post

Stock photo? Please tell me you have pictures somewhere
                    the bb gun is still around. not sure if we got any pictures that day....I was like 5 or 6 or so and dad was pretty busy wrangling me and shooting pheasant....and these were the days of when cameras were real and not something that fit in a pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Rrudo74901 View Post
                      So I took Rone and Vick’s advice and took my son shooting yesterday. Nice 42 degrees and the wind died halfway through the afternoon and the eagles and hawks had the birds holding for the dogs. Nice day in the fields and got my son his first rooster. Lots of chucker and huns holding tight. Pheasant spooked easily but were plentiful. Great day to break my son in busting birds.
                      Rone, the stock on the perazzi is loose, I’ll bring it in for your expertise.
                      Nice.

Comment

awsome day in the field,what time is dinner?

Comment

Working...
                        X