Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading to South Dakota...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    And some more.. WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT!!!


    IMG_5011.JPGIMG_5015.JPGIMG_5016.JPGIMG_5018.JPG
    IMG_5022.JPGIMG_5019.JPG


    Attached Files
    Last edited by HyFiveGuns; 07-11-2019, 10:27 AM.

    Comment


      #32
      IMG_5020.JPGIMG_5021.JPG

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
        But they're so cute
        I wanna take one home with me, they look like ferrets.

        Comment


          #34
          Aaww there're sleeping

          Comment


            #35
            How many yards where you guys shooting from
            The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

            Comment


              #36
              Captureggg.PNG

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Ancap View Post
                How many yards where you guys shooting from
                We were shooting anywhere from 50 to 600 yards with 90% of the shots between 250 and 400. We probably took no more than 5 shots each under 100 yards. Every once in a while, we would get a "chip shot" at something between 150 and 200, but those were few and far between. When we had wiped out everything under 400, we'd start to go for the longer ones. My longest shot this trip was 584 yards; my son's was 526.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post

                  We were shooting anywhere from 50 to 600 yards with 90% of the shots between 250 and 400. We probably took no more than 5 shots each under 100 yards. Every once in a while, we would get a "chip shot" at something between 150 and 200, but those were few and far between. When we had wiped out everything under 400, we'd start to go for the longer ones. My longest shot this trip was 584 yards; my son's was 526.
                  Nice!

                  where you guys doing holdovers or spinning dials?
                  The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Ancap View Post

                    Nice!

                    where you guys doing holdovers or spinning dials?
                    Only holdovers and holding for wind. Spinning dials isn't practical for a few reasons.... 1) from one target to the next, the ranges vary so much that you would be spinning the turrets more than shooting 2) you really don't have a lot of time between the time you range them and when you pull the trigger; they are constantly moving around, 3) the ranges more often than not will not align with a scope click and DOPE value, so you have to cheat up or down anyway, 4) after dialing in for one target, it is easy to forget to reset for the next... e.g., I had a shot at 366 yards, that I decided to dial instead and dialed 1.8 mils of elevation. After that shot, I saw one pop up out of the corner of my eye at 60 yards and got so excited that I forgot to reset back to zero and I shot WAY over his head and that was the last we saw of him. As for wind, it was constantly changing direction and speed; the only way to solve for that was with our guide / spotter. See where the shot landed and correct.

                    I can't overstate how much fun it was...

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post

                      Only holdovers and holding for wind. Spinning dials isn't practical for a few reasons.... 1) from one target to the next, the ranges vary so much that you would be spinning the turrets more than shooting 2) you really don't have a lot of time between the time you range them and when you pull the trigger; they are constantly moving around, 3) the ranges more often than not will not align with a scope click and DOPE value, so you have to cheat up or down anyway, 4) after dialing in for one target, it is easy to forget to reset for the next... e.g., I had a shot at 366 yards, that I decided to dial instead and dialed 1.8 mils of elevation. After that shot, I saw one pop up out of the corner of my eye at 60 yards and got so excited that I forgot to reset back to zero and I shot WAY over his head and that was the last we saw of him. As for wind, it was constantly changing direction and speed; the only way to solve for that was with our guide / spotter. See where the shot landed and correct.

                      I can't overstate how much fun it was...
                      thanks for the feedback ...sounds like a blast

                      Out of curiosity did the guide use binoculars or a spotting scope. Lately I’m finding binoculars are way more comfortable to use and I’m wondering if others feel the same
                      The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by Ancap View Post

                        thanks for the feedback ...sounds like a blast

                        Out of curiosity did the guide use binoculars or a spotting scope. Lately I’m finding binoculars are way more comfortable to use and I’m wondering if others feel the same
                        The guide used binoculars and my son and I both used rangefinder binoculars. Spotting scope is impractical for this purpose; field of view is too narrow..

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X