No announcement yet.

Heading to South Dakota...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And some more.. WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT!!!

IMG_5011.JPGIMG_5015.JPGIMG_5016.JPGIMG_5018.JPG
    IMG_5022.JPGIMG_5019.JPG

Attached Files
    Last edited by HyFiveGuns; 07-11-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

IMG_5020.JPGIMG_5021.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
        But they're so cute
        I wanna take one home with me, they look like ferrets.

Comment

Aaww there're sleeping

Comment

How many yards where you guys shooting from
            The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Captureggg.PNG

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post
                How many yards where you guys shooting from
                We were shooting anywhere from 50 to 600 yards with 90% of the shots between 250 and 400. We probably took no more than 5 shots each under 100 yards. Every once in a while, we would get a "chip shot" at something between 150 and 200, but those were few and far between. When we had wiped out everything under 400, we'd start to go for the longer ones. My longest shot this trip was 584 yards; my son's was 526.

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post

We were shooting anywhere from 50 to 600 yards with 90% of the shots between 250 and 400. We probably took no more than 5 shots each under 100 yards. Every once in a while, we would get a "chip shot" at something between 150 and 200, but those were few and far between. When we had wiped out everything under 400, we'd start to go for the longer ones. My longest shot this trip was 584 yards; my son's was 526.
                  Nice!

where you guys doing holdovers or spinning dials?
                  The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Nice!

where you guys doing holdovers or spinning dials?
                    Only holdovers and holding for wind. Spinning dials isn't practical for a few reasons.... 1) from one target to the next, the ranges vary so much that you would be spinning the turrets more than shooting 2) you really don't have a lot of time between the time you range them and when you pull the trigger; they are constantly moving around, 3) the ranges more often than not will not align with a scope click and DOPE value, so you have to cheat up or down anyway, 4) after dialing in for one target, it is easy to forget to reset for the next... e.g., I had a shot at 366 yards, that I decided to dial instead and dialed 1.8 mils of elevation. After that shot, I saw one pop up out of the corner of my eye at 60 yards and got so excited that I forgot to reset back to zero and I shot WAY over his head and that was the last we saw of him. As for wind, it was constantly changing direction and speed; the only way to solve for that was with our guide / spotter. See where the shot landed and correct.

I can't overstate how much fun it was...

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post

Only holdovers and holding for wind. Spinning dials isn't practical for a few reasons.... 1) from one target to the next, the ranges vary so much that you would be spinning the turrets more than shooting 2) you really don't have a lot of time between the time you range them and when you pull the trigger; they are constantly moving around, 3) the ranges more often than not will not align with a scope click and DOPE value, so you have to cheat up or down anyway, 4) after dialing in for one target, it is easy to forget to reset for the next... e.g., I had a shot at 366 yards, that I decided to dial instead and dialed 1.8 mils of elevation. After that shot, I saw one pop up out of the corner of my eye at 60 yards and got so excited that I forgot to reset back to zero and I shot WAY over his head and that was the last we saw of him. As for wind, it was constantly changing direction and speed; the only way to solve for that was with our guide / spotter. See where the shot landed and correct.

I can't overstate how much fun it was...
                      thanks for the feedback ...sounds like a blast

Out of curiosity did the guide use binoculars or a spotting scope. Lately I’m finding binoculars are way more comfortable to use and I’m wondering if others feel the same

Comment

thanks for the feedback ...sounds like a blast

Out of curiosity did the guide use binoculars or a spotting scope. Lately I’m finding binoculars are way more comfortable to use and I’m wondering if others feel the same
                        The guide used binoculars and my son and I both used rangefinder binoculars. Spotting scope is impractical for this purpose; field of view is too narrow..

Comment

Working...
                        X