Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doe Tag Wanted for 4W

If anyone has one they may not be using let me know. Thanks

Did you apply for another permit? After Nov 1st you can apply for permits again.
    Then again 4W may already be sold out.

Comment

4W just like 4O........looong gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
        Did you apply for another permit? After Nov 1st you can apply for permits again.
        Then again 4W may already be sold out.
        Most areas have reached there quota including 4W . My partner and I both got tags this year for 4W . Those 3 preference points each helped . Have a party of 4 going up this season and the other 2 guys don’t have tags. My partner will definitely fill his and I’m going for 7 days and confident I’ll fill mine . With the antler restriction in place you just can’t shoot at any deer you see even with a doe tag. The plus side is you see more bucks now than years ago even if they are unshootable spikes or forks

Comment

The antler restrictions(as much as most people are against them), do work. We self imposed them on our lease in 4O, and it did hurt in the beginning, but it DID make a difference over time.

Comment

I got tags when I got my hunting permit this week, does it say what zone it is on the tag? Sorry I’m new to this, idk much about hunting yet

Comment

Originally posted by Turfman81 View Post
              I got tags when I got my hunting permit this week, does it say what zone it is on the tag? Sorry I’m new to this, idk much about hunting yet
              read and sign the back of your license, if you got your license this week chances are you did not get doe tags ..... they stop normally end of October-- if there are left over you can get ...
              good luck hunting

Comment

It will be on 1 of the section of the license that list all the tags if you got in when you purchased your license.
                also the number will be on the actual tag you attach to the doe. Don’t forget to sign the back of the license part of your tags an also the back tag section. Sign the back of the harvest tags and fill the rest out when you kill something . This should be done in the woods when you find your kill but you don’t have to attach it to the beast until after you drag it out so make sure your have a pen in your fanny pack.

Comment

New to hunting . I think they stopped handing out the regulation guide but you can find it online. Read it once and then read it again. Make sure you know all the regulations for the area your hunting because they vary. The DEC police show no mercy

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
                    New to hunting . I think they stopped handing out the regulation guide but you can find it online. Read it once and then read it again. Make sure you know all the regulations for the area your hunting because they vary. The DEC police show no mercy
                    Yep, got the regulation guide. Thumbed through it a bit. I just have a general deer tag not in any location. Don’t plan on doing any deer this year anyway. Going to start small with some birds maybe

Comment

Yep, got the regulation guide. Thumbed through it a bit. I just have a general deer tag not in any location. Don’t plan on doing any deer this year anyway. Going to start small with some birds maybe
                      That’s crazy talk . I shot my first deer at 7 in the morning opening day the first year I could hunt. Think I was 16

Comment

FYI. I got another tag from a well respected member here that’s being passed off to another member joining me for the first time this year. This is the third time he hooked me up in as many years. Hopefully soon he will be able to join us . 4 guys and we have 3 tags. 3 of us are staying for a week. plenty of venison is definitely in our future.
                        Last edited by FastPhil; 11-09-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X