Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2019 deer hunting thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    87D5DAB2-2DCB-49BB-BA04-92020572404B.jpeg Walking in this morning at about 6:30am. Heard crunching noises behind me and tracked this boy right into an open area and bagged him on the spot

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by Waffen1974 View Post
      87D5DAB2-2DCB-49BB-BA04-92020572404B.jpeg Walking in this morning at about 6:30am. Heard crunching noises behind me and tracked this boy right into an open area and bagged him on the spot
      Very nice. Now give up the obligatory make/mdl/cal etc etc.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

        Very nice. Now give up the obligatory make/mdl/cal etc etc.
        Holstered is my S&W 629 44 mag but I took him with my Weatherby Mark V in 7mm Weatherby Magnum. Thus the large entrance wound that you can see in the picture.
        Last edited by Waffen1974; 11-16-2019, 07:08 PM.

        Comment


          #34
          After Turkey taken back in woods saw nice action let them walk..small buck and a few does..still sticking with bow for now..

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Postal Bob View Post
            My son came up at 8 this morning. Before 9, he shot this bear, within sight of the truck. He hadn't hunted for 10 years since he was a 14. Damn beginners luck. Took us almost 3 hours to drag it out. Let alone get it in the back of the truck. And he used his Ruger RPR in 6,5. 20191116_114947.jpg20191116_093400.jpg
            Official weight at butcher-270lbs!

            20191116_183541.jpg
            Attached Files
            Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
            Certified NROI RSO

            Member Freeport R&R

            Comment


              #36
              One of the guys in my party got a nice doe. Now there are 2 poor fawns wandering around lost , looking for their mommy.. How can someone kill a poor tender doe ?

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
                One of the guys in my party got a nice doe. Now there are 2 poor fawns wandering around lost , looking for their mommy.. How can someone kill a poor tender doe ?
                For me, the youngin's get a pass, but that's just me. Everybody loves to get meat, but for me, 75% of the fun for me is just being out there and seeing/watching the deer, and what they do.

                Another way you can look at is......somebody else will take it, so why shouldn't I, instead of going home empty handed?

                I would rather take the smaller buck on my lot, then take a small doe. She's gonna be a baby maker. Ymmv.

                Comment


                  #38
                  My other buddy just filled his doe tag. Now it’s my turn 7F78C8F8-265F-4D59-9207-7361B8FA5AF6.jpeg

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Git-er-done Phil.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
                      My other buddy just filled his doe tag. Now it’s my turn 7F78C8F8-265F-4D59-9207-7361B8FA5AF6.jpeg
                      Good luck, bud!

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Left late and came home two days early, really need to find a new hunting camp. The place we go had nothing ready, no fields were cut, house was a mess, etc etc. No one saw any deer opening day and yesterday, im so fed up. There are 5 of us if anyone is looking for dependable hunters to help with the house and land. We need a new place. Im so pissed.
                        "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
                        - Thomas Jefferson

                        "Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
                        - James Madison

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by Bobbytaz View Post
                          Left late and came home two days early, really need to find a new hunting camp. The place we go had nothing ready, no fields were cut, house was a mess, etc etc. No one saw any deer opening day and yesterday, im so fed up. There are 5 of us if anyone is looking for dependable hunters to help with the house and land. We need a new place. Im so pissed.
                          Sorry to hear about it Bobby. And the owners attitude is probably like - If you don't take it, someone else will. Many of us look forward all year for this season to come, and when shit gets turned upside down for any reason, it's a major disappointment on more than one level. It happens to all of us at some point, but it just plain sucks! I will keep my ears open for you if anything comes along.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

                            Sorry to hear about it Bobby. And the owners attitude is probably like - If you don't take it, someone else will. Many of us look forward all year for this season to come, and when shit gets turned upside down for any reason, it's a major disappointment on more than one level. It happens to all of us at some point, but it just plain sucks! I will keep my ears open for you if anything comes along.
                            The owner is a horrible drunk when hunting comes around, I dont trust him around us, and I would use force if necessary.
                            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
                            - Thomas Jefferson

                            "Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
                            - James Madison

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Opening weekend in Sullivan county deer seen 0
                              shots not one
                              Rock lake area.
                              Must if been 12 trucks parked at one location.
                              We are 1/4 of a mile down the road 5 more trucks.
                              All seen zipo.
                              Man 53 years of hunting deer hunting really sucks.
                              Each year it gets worse.
                              Hey you don't even see DEC riding and checking license on the back roads.
                              I here they were at the throgs neck bridge.
                              Well will water until muzzleloader season colder temps and snow on the ground.
                              Then they have to move.
                              Back up to Hancock area.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by Postal Bob View Post
                                My son came up at 8 this morning. Before 9, he shot this bear, within sight of the truck. He hadn't hunted for 10 years since he was a 14. Damn beginners luck. Took us almost 3 hours to drag it out. Let alone get it in the back of the truck. And he used his Ruger RPR in 6,5. 20191116_114947.jpg20191116_093400.jpg
                                What does one do with a bear? I'm not a hunter, so I'm genuinely asking out of curiosity.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X