• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-14BULLETTS View Post

nassau county range is still closed ??
    and they do not follow ny state law on the handgun thing
    Yes and yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Smallcigar View Post

It was even cheaper before the price increase in 2009. It includes fishing as well as hunting so you can break even at a pretty young age.
      And now it doesn't include the DMP application like it used to=$10 extra.

Comment

So forgive me for being the newb, now that I have the certificate I bring it to a place that sells the licenses and that's it? Is there particular time of year when they are sold?

Thanks again everyone.
        NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
        NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

Originally posted by Synner View Post
          So forgive me for being the newb, now that I have the certificate I bring it to a place that sells the licenses and that's it? Is there particular time of year when they are sold?

Thanks again everyone.
          They go on sale in August.

Comment

Originally posted by muskoday View Post

They go on sale in August.
            Thank you Sir.
            NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
            NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

Just finished my hunter education. Now looking at the bow hunting class. So who wants to mentor me?

Comment

Just rcvd email from DEC.
                Hunting and Trapping Newsletter
                07/07/2020
                Hunting and Trapping Newsletter
                Online Hunter Education Available through August 31, 2020

The online hunter education course that was first available in April when all in-person hunter education courses had to be canceled due to COVID -19, will now be available through August 31, 2020. The online course is offered by Kalkomey Enterprises, a company that specializes in hunter education. The online course is available to anyone ages 11 and older and can be completed from a computer, tablet, or smart phone at any time. Students who complete the online course and virtual field day, and pass the final exam, will receive their hunter education certificate and can purchase a hunting license. Only those hunters ages 12 or older may purchase a license and hunt in NY. The cost of the course is $19.95. You can find the online course on Kalkomey's website.

Comment

Originally posted by Boke View Post
                  Just finished my hunter education. Now looking at the bow hunting class. So who wants to mentor me?
                  what do you need to know ,
                  start with pointy end goes away from you . i have hunted on and off with a bow for a long time . get in shape if your not. plan on either ground hunting ( extreeeeeemly hard} or finding routes and hanging a stand

Comment

Originally posted by Boke View Post
                    I was looking at the Bow Course for my daughter. It said that she needs to sit in class. The online Bow Course is the homework before the class.

Comment

Working...
                    X