Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2020-21 season licenses & deer management permits will go on sale beginning August 1, 2020.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2020-21 season licenses & deer management permits will go on sale beginning August 1, 2020.

• This Saturday is first day for licenses and doe permits!
    • The 2020-21 season licenses & deer management permits will go on sale beginning August 1, 2020.
    • Great excuse to visit your LGS and show him your love (or Benjamins).
    • .35rem is back in stock but 30-30 is a little tight. If you are a 30-30 shooter, buy a box early. It's hard to tell what comes up when, you might see limited choices. .300 AAC Blackout also in short supply. (Can't predict too far ahead, just giving the news for today)
    • .30-06, .308, .300 wmag, 7m rem mag, .243, .270, most other rounds are in stock.
    • Hunting Licenses/Tags:
      • You must wait 14 business days to receive licenses & tags in the mail before going hunting. The receipt of purchase / phone confirmation number is NOT valid proof to perform hunting activities. To receive licenses/tags instantly, visit a sporting license issuing agent location.
      • The 2020-21 season licenses & deer management permits will go on sale beginning August 1, 2020.
      • Hunting & Trapping licenses are valid from September 1 - August 31 annually.
      • New Year licenses go on sale in August each year.
    LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Surprised my dad and I haven't received our tags in the mail yet. In years past, they showed up the last week of July.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
      Surprised my dad and I haven't received our tags in the mail yet. In years past, they showed up the last week of July.
      Big bore- do you have a lifetime?
      And for tags do you also get the DMP?

i just purchased a lifetime and it arrived today. But there’s no tags. I’m assuming I have to go down and apply for those.

Comment

Originally posted by zesone View Post

Big bore- do you have a lifetime?
        And for tags do you also get the DMP?

i just purchased a lifetime and it arrived today. But there’s no tags. I’m assuming I have to go down and apply for those.
        Yes we do have lifetime. We both went for it back when Cuomehole screwed over all the fee's, and turned the clock back five years on all the seniors at the same time(from 65 to 70). We were allowed to purchase the lifetime license at the old rate as a compromise. For us, our dmp permit fee is included, but for all that bought after that year, it is NOT included. When it arrives in the mail, all tags, and your license should be in that envelope. You then have to go and apply for your dmp's separately with an additional vig for the scumbag in Albany.

Edit to add - In assuming you bought a "lifetime" license, you should receive the Big game, bear, turkey, and fresh water fishing. Then you have the back tag for your pouch, and the receipt panel showing all that you bought. Note* your tag number never changes, as it is your DEC id #, which is the same as your drivers license#.

Which license did you buy, and how much is it now?
        Last edited by bigbore44; 07-27-2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Crap I have any preference points and can’t even apply for a doe tag where I normally hunt opening day. Can I make my first pick for that area knowing I won’t get it and at least get a point or you can’t even do that ?

Comment

I wish they would run the trappers course downstate or online. The friggin beaver situation by me is getting a bit outta control.

Comment

Yes we do have lifetime. We both went for it back when Cuomehole screwed over all the fee's, and turned the clock back five years on all the seniors at the same time(from 65 to 70). We were allowed to purchase the lifetime license at the old rate as a compromise. For us, our dmp permit fee is included, but for all that bought after that year, it is NOT included. When it arrives in the mail, all tags, and your license should be in that envelope. You then have to go and apply for your dmp's separately with an additional vig for the scumbag in Albany.

Edit to add - In assuming you bought a "lifetime" license, you should receive the Big game, bear, turkey, and fresh water fishing. Then you have the back tag for your pouch, and the receipt panel showing all that you bought. Note* your tag number never changes, as it is your DEC id #, which is the same as your drivers license#.

Which license did you buy, and how much is it now?
              Dam it. I went to a couple of places to ask questions about the lifetime. AND unfortunately either no one knows anything or gives the wrong info.
              Even the DEC website isn’t informative.
              it cost $765 for fishing and hunting. I was told the DMPs are included but all I received was the actual license today. No back tag. SO I guess I’m going to have to wait to see if it’s included when they send the back tag.

Comment

Dam it. I went to a couple of places to ask questions about the lifetime. AND unfortunately either no one knows anything or gives the wrong info.
                Even the DEC website isn’t informative.
                it cost $765 for fishing and hunting. I was told the DMPs are included but all I received was the actual license today. No back tag. SO I guess I’m going to have to wait to see if it’s included when they send the back tag.
                So you probably received the plastic license id card I assume. You will then get all your tags later in the mail. They most likely come out of two separate places. Fwiw, the tags have never been late in arriving by mail, usually always early.

Comment

So you probably received the plastic license id card I assume. You will then get all your tags later in the mail. They most likely come out of two separate places. Fwiw, the tags have never been late in arriving by mail, usually always early.
                  Yes, the plastic license. Same material as the tags.
                  I didn’t want it on my DL.
                  pita though that you still have to do the salt water registry every year.
                  Is the bow also included in the lifetime or is that a separate tax as well

Comment

Yes, the plastic license. Same material as the tags.
                    I didn’t want it on my DL.
                    pita though that you still have to do the salt water registry every year.
                    Is the bow also included in the lifetime or is that a separate tax as well
                    They used to issue a hard plastic/credit card type license. If you received the tag material, that's messed up. Salt water you can do online through the DECALS system, they will mail it to you. Bow has always been an extra for the stamp. Forgot in previous reply, if you got the LT Sportsman, it also includes the small game. Can't forget the tree rat privilege. Lol

Comment

This year's situation will be tough. The NY DEC installed new hardware and software right in the middle of the Covid lockdown and no State employees were available for hardware or software support. They also forgot to make the software Network capable. I was told today that they are still working on that part of the software, this after spending three weeks asking for setup help, and they just admitted it today that was never written in to the code. Before that they blamed us for the problem.

We went 27 days trying to get somebody from the State contractor to fix the damn thing until we fixed it today without their help, but it can't work on our Network.

Amazing when they announced that the switch would happen on June 1st, we begged them to put it off. They put it forward to July 1st, which only made it worse.

Today when I showed them mistakes in their printer testing protocol, they were surprised that they hadn't even noticed that yet and promised to fix it.

Bigger government equals bigger problems.

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Comment

Mail ?? I go down to a dicks or town pay and they hand me tags..What mail??

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post
                          This year's situation will be tough. The NY DEC installed new hardware and software right in the middle of the Covid lockdown and no State employees were available for hardware or software support. They also forgot to make the software Network capable. I was told today that they are still working on that part of the software, this after spending three weeks asking for setup help, and they just admitted it today that was never written in to the code. Before that they blamed us for the problem.

We went 27 days trying to get somebody from the State contractor to fix the damn thing until we fixed it today without their help, but it can't work on our Network.

Amazing when they announced that the switch would happen on June 1st, we begged them to put it off. They put it forward to July 1st, which only made it worse.

Today when I showed them mistakes in their printer testing protocol, they were surprised that they hadn't even noticed that yet and promised to fix it.

Bigger government equals bigger problems.
                          I was reading about that changeover in emails they sent out the last two weeks, and I am not surprised at all in what you have described.

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
                            Crap I have any preference points and can’t even apply for a doe tag where I normally hunt opening day. Can I make my first pick for that area knowing I won’t get it and at least get a point or you can’t even do that ?
                            Do it online, if the area requires a preference point. You won't be able to do it in a store.
                            That's what I do between myself and 2 kids. My area always require a preference point. So if I have a preference point on one, we start with that and apply. If I get the doe tag, I then use the other 2 without a preference point, and put in for the Area also. It's a guarantee to not get the tag, and so we then get a preference point for each. I have 1 or 2 licenses every year that have at least 1 preference point, if not 2. This way between the 3 licenses, I always get at least 1 doe tag, and get 1 or 2 preference points for the following year on the others.
                            Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
                            Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

My son and a good friends son both have lifetime license’s and they both live in MA.

Tags mailed to their house but my son has to pay for his doe tag.

Still a great deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X