Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Deer Hunting Thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Official 2020 Deer Hunting Thread.

    Just out scouting a new area in Tioga County . Another hunter said last opening day 28 were in the parking area. The parcel is about 500 acres. Yeah I won’t be here.
    Tomorrow I’ll post my deer pic from the DEP property I’ll be on in Delaware County.

    #2
    Last week crossbow in Hancock just too warm seen 2 does and a nice spike 20 yards.
    trail camera showed a 8 pointer that was it.
    Then rain and heavy fog
    Shitty week

    Comment


      #3
      heading up to Sterling Forrest (up by Tuxedo) this weekend with my son and nephew

      Comment


        #4
        Good luck everyone. I hope to be joining you next year.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
          Just out scouting a new area in Tioga County . Another hunter said last opening day 28 were in the parking area. The parcel is about 500 acres. Yeah I won’t be here.
          Tomorrow I’ll post my deer pic from the DEP property I’ll be on in Delaware County.
          Where in Tioga? I grew up around there, and hunt up there on state land with family every thanksgiving.

          Ryan

          Comment


            #6
            Up near Liberty, and currently enjoying a meal at the Liberty Diner. Thankful that they are still open, even with the Fuhrer's commandments. PA is not so lucky. As of this evening all restaurants cannot have any indoor dining. What tyrants.
            Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
            Certified NROI RSO

            Member Freeport R&R

            Comment


              #7
              good luck all , hopefully in a week or two i can go

              Comment


                #8
                I have been Xbow hunting in Delaware county on both DEP property and private property. 4P and 4R. Saw bucks but too far away. Saw does but did not shoot. Today I was ready to shoot but no deer. Always the way.

                Tomorrow is gun season so good luck and have fun.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by SemiAutoFetish View Post
                  heading up to Sterling Forrest (up by Tuxedo) this weekend with my son and nephew
                  I miss that place - random sink holes and dead hookers at the Tuxedo Motel. I would consider flying up there to hunt my spot again... on second thought, I’m not spending any money in NY again.
                  Africa Part 2: May 2018

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by nyctpt View Post

                    Where in Tioga? I grew up around there, and hunt up there on state land with family every thanksgiving.

                    Ryan
                    It was the East most piece in the county. Just west of Maine

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by nyctpt View Post

                      Where in Tioga? I grew up around there, and hunt up there on state land with family every thanksgiving.

                      Ryan
                      We have a bunch of doe tags for 7 R. First time is was ever in that county was today. If you have any hotspots it 7R do tell. 😎

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Postal Bob View Post
                        Up near Liberty, and currently enjoying a meal at the Liberty Diner. Thankful that they are still open, even with the Fuhrer's commandments. PA is not so lucky. As of this evening all restaurants cannot have any indoor dining. What tyrants.
                        Crossed the RT191 bridge from Hancock into PA to hit the smoke shop. No troopers stopped us but now I have to quarantine up here in the woods for 14 day’s.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by FastPhil View Post

                          We have a bunch of doe tags for 7 R. First time is was ever in that county was today. If you have any hotspots it 7R do tell. 😎
                          I hunt in 7s mainly. I have hunted in 7r at Shindagin hollow state forest, but not many times and had no luck. Shindagin is big, a little over 5000 acres I think, doubt you’d ever find it crowded. If you venture into 7s pm me and I’ll share what I can.

                          Ryan

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I’m in Charlotteville, NY right now. Hitting the woods in about 7 hours. I got a good feeling this year.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by LIChris View Post
                              I miss that place - random sink holes and dead hookers at the Tuxedo Motel. I would consider flying up there to hunt my spot again... on second thought, I’m not spending any money in NY again.
                              I know that place all to well.....my nephew is actually staying up there this trip. Forgot to tell him to check under the bed

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X