No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Deer Hunting Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been hunting with the same group for 47 years. We mostly hunt upstate but some guys also hunt the island. This is my nephew with a deer from last month taken with the bow in Mannorville on co-op land. 5BD5A528-5A24-4A8E-B2C4-0108848414E3.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Mike103 View Post
      I’ve been hunting with the same group for 47 years. We mostly hunt upstate but some guys also hunt the island. This is my nephew with a deer from last month taken with the bow in Mannorville on co-op land. 5BD5A528-5A24-4A8E-B2C4-0108848414E3.jpeg
      Fu-Kin A, that's a beauty.
      LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Comment

• SemiAutoFetish
        SemiAutoFetish commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed! Though the buck looks like he's got "black face"...dems will call him racist! 🤣

Got my doe this afternoon. While still hunting I was kicking up too many deer. Between the warm temps, and noisy ground, it was too much to still hunt. So I found a shaded spot under some pines, was eating some lunch, when bunch of does came running down the hill.
      I was really hoping for a doe. This year I just wanted to make sure I had some meat in case of another lockdown. And my deer and bear from last year, is still at the taxidermist because everything got shut down for a few months because of covid. Really didn't want the expense, and time of getting another head mounted.

2020-11-21 18.27.23.jpg
      Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
      Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Partner got a 6 today. Hard posting pics with only one bar and that’s going in and out.

Comment

I didn't get a doe permit this year so I had to pass on a big doe at first light. Shot this guy at 4:25 about 90 yds away running through the trees. The 6.5 Creedmoor gets the job done again. 👍 20201121_164027.jpg 20201121_164033.jpg 20201122_003724.jpg
          Last edited by Yaphank Kid; 11-22-2020, 01:04 AM.

Comment

The area ive hunted for 25 years thats been great hunting for the last 5 got devistated by that epiczotic disease ..sad its gonna take years to recover.

Comment

Haven’t seen any deers. Still waiting to catch one.
              mmm boomstick no go bang yet

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
                Haven’t seen any deers. Still waiting to catch one.
                mmm boomstick no go bang yet
                Same here yesterday in Sterling Forrest. Saw a guy hunting in area we were around 4pm and he said he shot one around 1030. Definite hit according to him saw blood. Was still tracking it though. Gonna have to take a day off and make another trip up during the week...

Comment

Fucking pissed. Hunted DEP property in Putnam County yesterday. Right after legal sunrise some scumbag comes running up the trail with 3 dogs all running at full speed. Enough to scare away anything. Hoping and waiting for something to circle around behind them but then there was a constant parade of liberal antihunting scumbags screaming yelling and stomping their way through the trails knowing fully well they were ruining everyone's hunt. What was once a productive and easy to get to hunting area is now gone completely. I only wish conservatives were as well organized and diligent as these pieces of shit are. Now that its looking like we might be stuck with the liver spotted shriveled up dottering old fool all these liberal assholes seem to be suddenly emboldened. God help us.

Comment

Originally posted by sickofny View Post
                    Fucking pissed. Hunted DEP property in Putnam County yesterday. Right after legal sunrise some scumbag comes running up the trail with 3 dogs all running at full speed. Enough to scare away anything. Hoping and waiting for something to circle around behind them but then there was a constant parade of liberal antihunting scumbags screaming yelling and stomping their way through the trails knowing fully well they were ruining everyone's hunt. What was once a productive and easy to get to hunting area is now gone completely. I only wish conservatives were as well organized and diligent as these pieces of shit are. Now that its looking like we might be stuck with the liver spotted shriveled up dottering old fool all these liberal assholes seem to be suddenly emboldened. God help us.
                    Flatten their Prius tires on your way out.😁

Comment

Trying the golf course for afternoon hunt.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• M-14BULLETTS
                        M-14BULLETTS commented
                        Editing a comment
                        get off your phone and get me some venison

Originally posted by sickofny View Post
                      do what i did , when it happened in dutchess county , call DEC and have them arrested ... took a while for the officer to chow up . but i followed the assmunch and his little yappy dog home and waited for the officer . then i showed him the video ... he wrote the assmunch a citation ... not sure how much but i felt better -------------------------

Comment

I haven’t taken my gun off safe yet. Getting ready to back out until sundown.

Comment

Hunting in Delhi this weekend. Unlike last year haven’t seen shit! I have a DOE permit and itching to full tags and my freezer. Congratulations to all you who have so far been successful and good luck to those of who are currently in my boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post

Flatten their Prius tires on your way out.😁
                            Was very very tempted but that's not my style. All the hunters were gone already by the time we left. All the pickups and SUV's were replaced by sensible small sedans. Wanted to puke.

Comment

Working...
                            X