LI = big bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LI = big bucks

In case some of you hunters missed this story. A guy from Huntington got himself a big ass buck on LI. Story doesn't say where though. Sounds like it's near his house in huntington?
    https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/hu...-record-bucks/

might be the guy parking his tree stand feet away from my property line LOL. We get records here by the Nissy river....some oldy but goodies from my backyard on LI.....

rackbros1.jpg

rackbros3.jpg

DecLate_1.jpg
    DECM_1.jpg

PICT3197.JPG

PICT3200.JPG

Comment

• Coqui
      Coqui commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW.

WOW
    let's make america great again

Comment

Baiter....

Comment

• Otingocni
        Otingocni commented
        Editing a comment
        What do you call someone who's mastered the art of baiting?

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a little East from Huntington in my area (Nissy River Basin Smithtown->Nissequoge). We get letters in the mail each year from hunters asking for property permission to hunt. A lot of you probably remember my "LI backyard trailcams" that was running for 6 years straight on the Canadian forum. Currently have 12 trailcams running in the back 24/7/365.

A lot has changed in the last 4 years. Some of the big adjacent McMansion properties cut down acres of woods and put in pools, guest houses etc. Lots of nearby deer fencing. Really impeded the flow of game, a noticable change. Also got my bow-hunting license last year, so with all that you can see why I'm territorial about guys parking off my land (especially when I pay taxes on that, I can one day cut it all down and put in a tennis court and pool like all the other yupppies). You don't see the big bucks as often anymore, but yeah the biomass is plentiful here and they have so much flora they don't even raid the gardens (well, except the hostas).

PICT0029.JPG

PICT0017.JPG

PICT0019.JPG

PICT0526.JPG

12160070.JPG
      Last edited by Destro; 02-17-2021, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Big fella only felt safe coming out because word got around deer land that Phil was laid up.

Comment

Maybe it was here but IIRC I had read that deer are moving toward Eastern Nassau at a good rate.

Comment

It’s a fact that Suffolk country has the biggest bucks of all the counties in the state. Good food supply , more mild winters than upstate and no predators like coyotes help.

Comment

• bigbore44
              bigbore44 commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly this!

That last pic of the Bucks and the Target bag is priceless! It's begging for a caption. "Hey Prancer, tell me about this guy Darwin again. So what he say?"
            Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
            Nick Charles: No.
            Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
            Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
            -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post
              That last pic of the Bucks and the Target bag is priceless! It's begging for a caption. "Hey Prancer, tell me about this guy Darwin again. So what he say?"
              nissydeer1.jpg

nissydeer2.jpg

PICT2573.JPG

Comment

Working...
              X