Spring Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike103 View Post

I hunt DEP land upstate and I don’t see anyone else and my group shot two good gobblers last year on public land.
    Which WMU?

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

Which WMU?
      4R and 4P

Comment

The DEP property is an underused diamond in the rough.

Not close and very limited accessibility you have to be willing to walk and drag.

Comment

B3FA4EC1-A86F-42FA-817D-DD34F4BF5F2E.jpeg C33EB009-DE86-4ECE-9BD2-6014A8E48FD9.jpeg These were taken on DEP in 4P and 4R

Comment

Look at the wings on the second one, they are white.

Comment

Enjoying a misty morning hunt up in Potter Co.

Regards --------- 20210504_065348.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TheLevelOne View Post
                Enjoying a misty morning hunt up in Potter Co.

Regards --------- 20210504_065348.jpg
                Your decoy should be lower, it will bring a Tom in closer. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
                  Wish I had a good spot for woodchucks
                  me too

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post

Your decoy should be lower, it will bring a Tom in closer. 👍
                    Will do thx!

Comment

A76BFB5C-63FD-49C6-923A-9C01BFEE8499.jpeg Just got back hunted three days in 4P and 4R mostly on DEP land.

Saw hens and got two gobbles but real hens showed up and stole them away.

My Nephew got one. Same kid as last year. On DEP land.

Comment

I noticed that this spring, I have seen more turkey than I have in the 10yrs I have been up there in Central NY. They have really started to rebound nicely. Started hearing them a lot the last year or so, but other than an occasional spotting in some neighbors fields, never had an actual sighting on my property. Finally caught a couple on one of my trail cams a few weeks back. Last trip up, caught sight of a rafter of about 24 on a property about 1/2 mile away, it was an awesome sight.

Comment

Think this year, if the same ones keep hanging out on my front lawn, I’ll try and bag one with a spear gun. It’s not a bow, and it’s not a gun. So I think I’ll be ok. 🤣

Comment

• Diesel1
                            Diesel1 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            heard they taste like shit

Steady rain and heavy fog this morning, but did get a few gobblers to return our calls. Only one showed up for a date, but alas he played hard to get.

This was the first time we hunted for turkey on our property and look forward to the fall. Gotta get home according to the wife...

Regards----------

Comment

Was supposed to go. Hunting partner busting my balls all year to go . Last week I asked are we going or what. Finally confirmed no on Friday. I was pissed , just wanted to get away. Saw one Thursday in my driveway so Sunday I took my call in the woods for fun. Nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
                              Was supposed to go. Hunting partner busting my balls all year to go . Last week I asked are we going or what. Finally confirmed no on Friday. I was pissed , just wanted to get away. Saw one Thursday in my driveway so Sunday I took my call in the woods for fun. Nothing.
                              Bro I'll hunt with you

Comment

Working...
                              X