Parents of trophy hunter girl, 12, could face probe by child welfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents of trophy hunter girl, 12, could face probe by child welfare

THE parents of a 12-year-old who caused outrage after posting photos of her posing with animals she slaughtered for fun should face an investigation by child welfare, critics have said.

Aryanna Gourdin, from Utah, was blasted by social media users after an image of her proudly holding up the head of a giraffe she killed while on African safari went viral.

She also boasted about killing a wildebeest, impala and a zebra while on her "dream hunt".

But the schoolgirl, who had the photos taken of her while on safari with her proud father Eli, says she will never give up the sport she loves - and critics have now called for her parents to be investigated by social services.

The family, including her siblings and mum Katie, 39, have hunted big game animals worldwide - importing their kills back to their home in the US.

Speaking on Good Morning America, the youngster said she will never give up the sport she has been 'playing' since she was just seven.

She said: “It’s something I cherish and enjoy and I want other people to see what I experienced.

“I would never back down from hunting. I am a hunter and no matter what people say to me, I’m never going to stop.”

Jumping to his daughter's defence, her father added the giraffe his daughter killed was a “problem” animal in the area and was “eating up valuable resources other giraffes need to survive.”

He added: “I don’t tell anybody else how to raise their children.

“They don’t understand the conservation aspect of it.

“We’re proud to be hunters and we’ll never apologise for being a hunter.”

However, the family have been sent a torrent of abuse online, condemning the parents for teaching the pre-teen to hunt, with them even being sent death threats.

One user told the young girl they “literally hoped someone skins" her, while another added: “Makes me wanna kill her".

Another wrote: "Another piece of s***. Everybody make her famous."

Other outraged social media users have demanded child welfare services be called in to assess her two parents.

Brent Hooey wrote on Twitter: “Eli Gourdin should be reported to child services. Takes his daughter trophy hunting in Africa. Bows & Pink Arrows.

Really?”

Twitter user @BladeNeon said: "Hello, my name is Aryanna Gourdin and my parents practice #ChildAbuse".

While another account posted the link to Utah's child abuse contact page, saying: "Here's the number to call in Utah to report Aryanna #Gourdin's so-called ‘parents’ including Father Meth Man Eli."

Some also contacted the Gourdin family directly through the schoolgirl’s Facebook page called Braids and Bows, condemning their parenting style and calling for an investigation.

Alyssa Huggins said: “At 12-years-old and not an adult, I can only blame your parents and those who have brainwashed you into thinking your funds are for the good of the conservation."Aryanna-Gourdin-giraffe-gun-639907.jpg
    THE parents of a 12-year-old who caused outrage after posting photos of her posing with animals she slaughtered for fun should face an investigation by child welfare, critics have said.

The social justice warriors have gotten way too much traction in this pussified society we live in. Best to ignore their whiny bullshit.
    Last edited by sheeple; 09-04-2016, 07:52 AM.
    “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Another wonderfully written piece of trash journalism.

Just because a bunch of kooks that hate hunting go on twitter and want CPS to investigate doesn't mean it'll happen.
      Sensationalism sells.

I still say we should send the family and invite to be honorary members
      "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yet another reason to never post anything on Facebook, or other libtard owned social network.
        SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Comment

Oh no! It's the Internet "tough guys" club coming to get her! She better run and hide because they're armed with FB accounts and blogs! Someone hold me, I'm-a-scared!!!

Bunch of morons who need to put away the laptop and tablet and go outside and see the sun once in awhile, or better yet, learn to socialize like a normal person. A normal person knows that if they said (in person) half the shit that these clowns type they'd end up with someone's fist in their mouths. Deservedly so.

NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
              NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

We have a one way legal system that caters towards liars and the fringe left.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBonds View Post
                  We have a one way legal system that caters towards liars and the fringe left.
                  You truly have no idea how accurate your statement is. However bad you think it is, it's worse.

Comment

1 - I am not a hunter anymore, my choice.
                    2 - What did the kid or the parents do wrong?
                    3 - There are skanks and so-called respectable women out there who have murdered more unborn babies than this kid has shot (legally, responsibly and ethically) animals. Where are their investigations?
                    4 - PC should be a crime.

Comment

As long as they weren't poaching game in Africa, I don't see the issue here. Just some cyberbullying from libs who don't agree with the sport.

With the amount of backlash, you would think that her dad was taking her out to rob banks or something.

One of the perils of social media.

Comment

The problem is, there are no clear cut laws on what constitutes harassment on social media. I'm not one for curtailing freedoms but if they imposed some kind of (gasp, here's that word again... wait for it....) ACCOUNTABILITY on people they wouldn't type threats to "skin" a 12 year old girl.

I'm in my 40s and I remember the days of when you got out of line you got a smack in da head. Oh, the good old days....

Comment

Originally posted by Synner View Post
                          Oh no! It's the Internet "tough guys" club coming to get her! She better run and hide because they're armed with FB accounts and blogs! Someone hold me, I'm-a-scared!!!

Bunch of morons who need to put away the laptop and tablet and go outside and see the sun once in awhile, or better yet, learn to socialize like a normal person. A normal person knows that if they said (in person) half the shit that these clowns type they'd end up with someone's fist in their mouths. Deservedly so.

a friend and I were talking about these asshats and came to a conclusion. None of these wanna be tough guys has ever been punched in the face. Everyone needs to be punched in the face at least once for stupid behavior...if that happened more often, there would be a lot less of this idiocy

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Russian View Post
                            Yet another reason to never post anything on Facebook, or other libtard owned social network.
                            ^^^^^THIS^^^^^^ times 1,000!

Comment

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post

a friend and I were talking about these asshats and came to a conclusion. None of these wanna be tough guys has ever been punched in the face. Everyone needs to be punched in the face at least once for stupid behavior...if that happened more often, there would be a lot less of this idiocy
                              Pretty much hit the nail on the head. No repercussions for their stupidity. What's the worst that happens? Someone posts back? But get someone's foot up your ass for being a douche and that'll stop real soon.....

Comment

Working...
                              X