Don't bring a toy to a gun fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't bring a toy to a gun fight

A man who brought a toy gun to a robbery was shot and killed by his intended victim.

The masked suspect, who was believed to be his late teens or early twenties, approached a 67-year-old man while walking in a park in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania, and aimed a pellet gun in his face in an attempt to rob him, New York Daily News reported.

After the suspect with the toy gun got confronted the elderly gentleman, the man pulled out a .38-caliber handgun and shot the would-be robber in the head, killing him, reports WCAU.

The shooter reportedly had a concealed weapons license and had no criminal record. He was taPolice did not charge the 67-year-old for the robber’s death because he believed the toy gun was real and was acting in self-defense.

Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said that the victim “did a great job defending himself.”

Sources: New York Daily News, WCAU, Delaware County Daily Times / Photo credit: Michael Pereckas/Flickr, WCAken to the hospital with chest pains, the Delaware County Daily Times reported
    Last edited by Dchilde; 05-20-2016, 09:38 PM.

Good, one less piece of shit walking around
    NRA, NYSRPA, SAF member, Freeport R&R.

Comment

Another happy ending! Society wins this round.
      SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

I grew up not far from there. That Michael Chitwood is a gun hating POS who works alongside the Mothers group to pass anti self defense laws in Pennsylvania.
        Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Which is it? A toy gun or a pellet gun? They aren't the same thing.

I'm pretty sure some pellet guns can put a pellet through your eye and into your brain. The pellet gun was reportedly aimed at the victim's face...

Comment

You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes!!!

Comment

Scum.
              NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

Comment

Winner!

Comment

Ha Ha

Comment

I'll say it again, the NRA should take all these kind of stories and run a campaign " good guy with a gun stops bad guy with a gun"

Comment

Originally posted by Safety42 View Post
                      I'll say it again, the NRA should take all these kind of stories and run a campaign " good guy with a gun stops bad guy with a gun"
                      Black Lies matter and Bloomturds Ugly Mothers would have a shit fit
                      "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

Black Lies matter and Bloomturds Ugly Mothers would have a shit fit
                        Yeah that would be a bonus

Comment

Working...
                        X