NC teen girl uses dad’s rifle to scare off 3 men who broke into her home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC teen girl uses dad’s rifle to scare off 3 men who broke into her home

SNOW CAMP, N.C. (WMFY) — A teenage girl is credited for scaring off intruders at her parents’ home with a rifle.
    It happened on Lambe Road in Snow Camp around 12 p.m. Thursday.
    Kirk Puckett, a spokesperson for the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office, said two sisters, 12 and 13, were inside the home when they heard knocking on the front door.
    Puckett said when they looked outside, they saw three unfamiliar men. He said the older sister grabbed her dad’s rifle.
    The suspects then broke in through the back door. Puckett said the 13-year-old pointed the rifle at them, causing them to run away without taking anything.
    Neighbors praise the teen for her quick thinking.
    “I am in awe of that young lady,” Jackie Garrison said. “To have had that kind of thoughtfulness going on in a time of crisis in her head to where that’s what she did, instead of running and hiding. She probably stopped something major from going on.”
    Puckett believes the girls had been taught how to react in a situation like that one. He said how one handles something like that is a matter of personal preference.
    “There’s a school of thought where folks will say, ‘I’m armed, and if someone comes in my house someone is going to get shot or die,’” Puckett said. “There’s the other school of thought to retreat. Where someone would retreat out of another exit. Go into another room and barricade themselves.”
    Puckett encourages people to always be vigilant and call 911 if an unfamiliar car or face is spotted.
    No arrests have been made. Deputies are investigating whether this break-in is related to others in the county.

A teenage girl scared off intruders with a rifle while she was home with her younger sister on Lambe Road in Snow Camp around 12 p.m. Thursd…

Thank god they had it. Voluntarily having your family unprotected is nuts
    let's make america great again

Comment

Meanwhile in NYS.....
      Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefSailer View Post
        Meanwhile in NYS.....
        ...she would be in juvenile detention and the parents in jail for endangering. The crooks would be getting a payout for having their civil rights violated and the keys to the city for exposing the unfit parents who let their 13 yo daughter have access to a gun.

Liberal sinkhole that we live in.
        Give peace a chance, I'll cover you in case that doesn't work out.

LIBERALISM should be classified as a MENTAL DISORDER!

Comment

Because she had the means to resist, we're reading about her bravery. Without it, we might be reading about their rape and murder...I know which I would rather read about!
          Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post
            Because she had the means to resist, we're reading about her bravery. Without it, we might be reading about their rape and murder...I know which I would rather read about!
            I'd rather read this:

"Three men who broke into a home were taken to the hospital with none life threatening injuries."
            During the investigation it was uncovered that the men broke into a home where 12 and 13 year old sister resided and proceeded to expose themselves to the girls. What the men didn't know about was that both sisters are expert marksman and used their father's rifle to shoot the men in the crotch. The men will recover but will never be able to father children."
            Last edited by Mad Russian; 07-26-2016, 04:46 AM.
            SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Working...
            X