Dishonored Guardsmen still do their jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dishonored Guardsmen still do their jobs

Oops, someone forgot to let the hypocrites in Congress that spinning up all these troops requires support. Cots or bed rolls would be asking very much although I’d be surprised if they weren’t eating MRE’s while everyone else in the building uses the cafeteria or catering.
    It’s more likely they’ll be made to fall in and stand in formation whenever Members pass them.
    Just another shameful example of ignoring the very people they demand do their heavy lifting.

I wonder how many Members have a son or daughter among these troops? Yea, exactly.

National Guardsmen sleep on Capitol building floors amid threats of violence

https://nypost.com/2021/01/13/nation...s-of-violence/

Hundreds of exhausted National Guard troops have been forced to sleep in the hallways of the Capitol as they work around the clock to protect the heart of the US government against further threats of violence.

Shocking images from Wednesday morning show the battle-ready guards sleeping in almost any spot they can find — many with their assault rifles propped up nearby.

As they line the corridors of the Capitol, some are forced to use stairs as a makeshift pillow to get some rest as they ready for a potential insurgence in the run-up to President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration next Wednesday.

The startling images show the National Guard members in the same areas of the building overrun by rioters last Wednesday — a day when numerous apparent failings stopped them from rushing in to assist.

Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (R) walks past members of the National Guard trying to get some sleep inside the US Capitol in Washington, DC

JIM LO SCALZO/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock

To prevent a repeat, some 15,000 guardsmen are being deployed to Washington, DC, by the weekend — more than double the amount of troops on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan combined.

The sleeping images enraged many online, with one commentator asking, “How about some beds or cots for these protectors????!!!!”
    A group of National Guardsmen relax in the halls of the Capitol on Jan. 13. REUTERS
    A former guardsman-turned-journalist, Scott Shuey, added that “floors like that are as hard as they look.”

“If you see these guys when this is over, buy ‘em a beer – at least,” he said.

I am sure most of these d-bags politicians don’t even say thank you or shake there hands. Probably don’t even make eye contact and complain they are taking up space.

Comment

• OUTRAGED
      OUTRAGED commented
      Editing a comment
      Might have been NBC had a piece showing Nancy thanking a group of the guard.

That floor must be hard on their backs.
    Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

That pic make me pissed off! And the caption has that pos Steny Hoyer with a (R) next his name.........

Comment

• M-14BULLETTS
        M-14BULLETTS commented
        Editing a comment
        yup can not make this shit up

Just for reference (because this is weird):

Congress can't call in the National Guard, and don't have any say about any of this.

DC isn't a state, so the Governor can't call in the National Guard either.

The Secretary of Defense (or POTUS) is the one that ultimately has the power to deploy troops to federal land like the Capitol.

So, if you want to point the finger at someone, Secretary of Defense Christopher C. Miller is the guy that made this decision.

Comment

One of my employees is in the Guard, and deployed right there. He called me today. He was one of those guys on the floor last night but he did not complain about it.

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Comment

Originally posted by RayK-47 View Post

Congress can't call in the National Guard, and don't have any say about any of this.

DC isn't a state, so the Governor can't call in the National Guard either.

The Secretary of Defense (or POTUS) is the one that ultimately has the power to deploy troops to federal land like the Capitol.

So, if you want to point the finger at someone, Secretary of Defense Christopher C. Miller is the guy that made this decision.
          Not questioning who activated or deployed them. My issue is that whether it is boots or bullets or butter...they should be given the tools they need, including bedrolls or cots, for their mission. They will do their jobs, it’s what they do, but a few weeks of sleeping on stairs and marble floors poses an unnecessary and avoidable hardship on them and they deserve better.
          That they are in the halls of those opulent and ornate buildings, surrounded by the very people who routinely condemn and criticize them but are unwilling to ensure their basic needs are being met.

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post
            One of my employees is in the Guard, and deployed right there. He called me today. He was one of those guys on the floor last night but he did not complain about it.
            Suck it up and do the job is how they roll...to their credit.

Comment

and hey these new mre are like 4 star dining compared to k and c

Comment

Originally posted by M-14BULLETTS View Post
                and hey these new mre are like 4 star dining compared to k and c
                They beat the hell out of C Rats but there is a great cafeteria in that building and there are a shit ton of options they deserve access to. They are activated for a mission, not some “treat me like shit for 2 weeks” drill somewhere. Exploit available local resources.

Comment

Do they even have magazines for those M4s?

Comment

Originally posted by RayK-47 View Post

I can't keep up, is this one of the post election fire and new body appointments

Comment

Originally posted by OUTRAGED View Post

I can't keep up, is this one of the post election fire and new body appointments
                      Trump fired Esper on November 9, via Twitter. (Allegedly because he refused to deploy active duty troops within American borders to fight protesters.)

No one has been appointed to the position in replacement, Miller was second in command and became the acting secretary after his departure.

The Trump admin has been pretty strongly against appointing anyone at all to positions like this, they have the highest number of "acting" members in history.

Comment

Working...
                      X