Never draw on the drop; security guard ends up shot in face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never draw on the drop; security guard ends up shot in face

The story could be clearer but it looks like the guard drew on armed robbers and ended up shot in the face. He lived though.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/04/wild-v...-with-thieves/

Dramatic video shows smoke shop worker in fatal shootout with would-be robbers

Shocking video shows a California smoke shop security guard pull a gun on group of would-be robbers, sparking a four-on-one shootout that left one person dead Tuesday, cops and reports said.

The worker stands behind a counter at a “Smoke Shop” in Compton and appears to take a shot to the face as he pulls a gun from his belt, according to the video, released Wednesday by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

The four alleged thieves scramble and trip over each other as they flee to the back of the store and continue firing shots – sometimes apparently inches from each other’s bodies.

The worker, who is wearing a “security” vest, ducks for cover as a bullet causes the glass display case to shatter, the silent video shows.

The guard somehow managed to escape despite the onslaught, cops said, though he was treated in the hospital with gunshot wounds to the head and neck.

Two of the robbers, identified as Kahlel Lundy, 23, and Keith Rachel, 21, remain on the loose and are wanted for murder, the sheriff’s department said in a news release.

The botched robbery began at 6:54 p.m. Tuesday at the shop on South Wilmington Avenue, the release stated. About 30 minutes after the incident, police responded to a gunshot victim at Martin Luther King Hospital that turned out to be one of the robbers who’d been shot by the security guard, the release said.

That unidentified person died from his wounds, Fox News reported. A second suspect, who also wasn’t named, was arrested Wednesday, according to the release.
    la-shootout-130.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=1535.jpg
    Last edited by class3; 05-05-2022, 07:00 AM.
    Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

It was one of the perps killed.

Comment

Oh look, more savagery.

Comment

Compton. Imagine going to work with a vest on?
        Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

• Helmup
          Helmup commented
          Editing a comment
          Cops don't have to imagine 🤔

wow crazy move pulling a gun with a gun staring you in the face. glad the store owner/guard survived
        let's make america great again

Comment

Takes a bullet to the face and neck, survives.
          Dude has balls of steel to be drawing like that. I probably would not have made that choice. Glad he survived
          It's all the same, we're all ashamed of our children who can't read between the lies of their textbooks
          This world must bear witness to a revolution every now and then
          We clutched our quills to scribe the bills of this great nation
          Now show me you can hold a fucking pen

Comment

The odds were certainly against him. Better to load them up with all the pot they can carry and not get shot in the neck.
            Distract the bad guys with lots of free shit and be gracious about it. Why do you want to die for money and drugs?
            Glad he lived, I admire his chutzpah, but he's an idiot.

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Comment

• Range Time
              Range Time commented
              Editing a comment
              Or maybe he was tired of punk criminals threatening him.

He should have been moving or ducking while he drew.

Even better, grabbing what looks like the lone gun with his off hand.

• LI Ammo
              LI Ammo commented
              Editing a comment
              I have to disagree. I worked behind a cash register for decades. I always practiced in my mind what distraction I would use to divert the gunman from pointing a gun at me or my staff. It's easy to plan.. Just point with your arm or your chin, "hey man , I can open that money safe in the corner", words like that. Distract the progress of the robbery to allow employees to escape or for a clear safe moment to draw my own gun if it looked like it would have to be that way. I always planned to allow any robber to have the money, that was never a question, nothing worth dying for in a retail store of any kind.

Drawing a gun on a gun is just dumb. This guy's survival is one in a million.

• Patriot1965
              Patriot1965 commented
              Editing a comment
              the problem with the thinking of just giving up the stuff, is nowadays, they rather shoot you even if you give it up, so you have to really read into the perp to see where his mind is, but always keep thinking how you can get the upper hand and make your move...I rather take my chances with me running around as im drawing than just be a still target...

OK - Pat --- can I buy two g's -- to solve this puzzle ?

Comment

Patriot1965 commented
              05-05-2022, 05:26 PM
              I rather take my chances with me running around as im drawing than just be a still target

Your new nickname is now -- "The Stoat" --LOL
              Last edited by Ricekila; 05-05-2022, 10:53 PM.

Comment

I won't second guess the guy for drawing - if he got a feeling that they were going to shoot him anyway, it was his decision not to die with his gun in his holster. Bravo. But I agree with LI Ammo that he should have tried to distract them somehow before he 'slapped leather'.
                “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
                Algernon Blackwood

Comment

The perps were so close together I bet the one that died was shot by another and not the guard.
                  "Those who beat their swords into plows will plow for those who didn't."

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
                    The perps were so close together I bet the one that died was shot by another and not the guard.
                    Regardless, the right guy is in the dirt. Just a matter of time before the other two identified perps wind up arrested, although in Kalifornia they will probably be given no - show jobs and free pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
                      It's like a scene from The Matrix 10: Retardations

Comment

Working...
                      X