No announcement yet.

Firearm Civil Rights Conference 10/1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOOD EVENING---- this is tomorrow , so who is going to say hello and cookies are not a requirement of this

Comment

Serious question. Aside from speeches, narratives of well known talking points and the feel good piece of having something like this locally, what can/do/should we expect to come out of this conference?
      A legislative platform that will actually be advanced beyond asking for financial support?
      Commitments from NY (Fed, State and local) elected officials to support and act on 2A issues?

Are there any judicial representatives attending? It would be interesting to hear where judges and non legislative governmental types stand on our concerns.
      I plan to be there for part but cannot stay for the entire program. I'm hoping for more than someone trying to sell me another hat and blow smoke up my ass.

Comment

Tomorrow!!! We've got a good selection of guns we're giving away, and some great speakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
          Serious question. Aside from speeches, narratives of well known talking points and the feel good piece of having something like this locally, what can/do/should we expect to come out of this conference?
          A legislative platform that will actually be advanced beyond asking for financial support?
          Commitments from NY (Fed, State and local) elected officials to support and act on 2A issues?

Are there any judicial representatives attending? It would be interesting to hear where judges and non legislative governmental types stand on our concerns.
          I plan to be there for part but cannot stay for the entire program. I'm hoping for more than someone trying to sell me another hat and blow smoke up my ass.
          Politicians are invited - they get to see that there is large support for our rights, hopefully influencing them.. Also you can speak with them.
          A big part of it is trying to get people motivated to DO something - if every gun owner would actually pick up the phone and call their Senators (you know, screwmer and gullibland) we might affect a change.

Comment

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post

Nice opening statement for not wanting to piss all over it. All candidates are invited, Boyle has no shame. He was fulfilling his role as part of the group keeping the Chairs of the Senate Committees out of Dem hands. If you'd been to any SAFE meetings, you would have heard Zacarese speak, and how things are expected to play out. We did support Losquadro as well, way back when he supported us. When he took a turn, that was the end of that
            Because he was promised the Hwyway superintendent job for his vote.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyblueyes View Post

Because he was promised the Hwyway superintendent job for his vote.
              Yup
              Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

damn, if i get out of work early enough i'll probably come down.

oddly enough i unwittingly wore an NRA shirt today, means it's meant to be.
                Last edited by Exonautic; 10-01-2017, 09:04 AM. Reason: cuz

Comment

I just had too much to do yesterday. Couldn't make it.

Anything interesting come out of it? Surprised nobody posted.
                  I don't need a gun.
                  I have never needed a gun.
                  I hope I never need a gun and in all likelihood, I will never need a gun.
                  However, if I ever need a gun, I had better have a gun.
                  Therefore, I have a gun.

Regards,
                  Chris

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post
                    I just had too much to do yesterday. Couldn't make it.

Anything interesting come out of it? Surprised nobody posted.
                    There were a few hostile folks out in the crowd but they were quiet and just took notes. Larry Zacarese was there, along with Lee Zeldin, Ray Perini (Suffolk DA candidate), Edward Flood (5th Suffolk Leg candidate) Chris Garvey (Libertarian DA Candidate) and a few others
                    Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Working...
                    X