No announcement yet.

May 19-20 WWII Weekend at The Museum of American Armor, Old Bethpage Billage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 19-20 WWII Weekend at The Museum of American Armor, Old Bethpage Billage

http://museumofamericanarmor.com/

Come visit this event. See tanks, armored vehicles, blanks firing demonstrations, talk to reenactors. Fun and learning days for all ages. Stop by, say hello, take pictures.

I'll be heading there on Saturday with family

Comment

When I was younger my family and I spoke to a Marine who was there. He was on the top left side of the field. Really enjoyed the day and the conversation.
      “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post
        When I was younger my family and I spoke to a Marine who was there. He was on the top left side of the field. Really enjoyed the day and the conversation.
        Organizers are moving people almost every year around the field. Come again, you might see some new interesting things.

Comment

I was told that Sunday kids dance group will come and perform from Pennsylvania.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post

Organizers are moving people almost every year around the field. Come again, you might see some new interesting things.
            Wait, are you one of the guys manning the filthy commie side of the field? If so, I may have met you when I went.
            “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post

Wait, are you one of the guys manning the filthy commie side of the field? If so, I may have met you when I went.
              Sure I'm

Comment

It's always a good time

Comment

Do they use the field next to the Armor museum building?

How about parking? The Armor museum lot is not all that big.
                  Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

No, the event, I believe is held on Restoration Village grounds. There is sizeable parking lot a front of it.

Comment

I’ll be hitting it up on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

the reenactment is held in the rear of the restoration property between the farm and the remains of the old motor parkway. the parking lot used is the paved lot in front of the restoration administration building. the museum in years past has always been closed the days of the reenactment.

Comment

Well worth going.

Comment

Going to be there with my son's BOY Scout troop. Sleeping over on the OBVR grounds. Going to be a great weekend.
                            When they kick out your front door
                            How you gonna come?
                            With your hands on your head
                            Or on the trigger of your gun?

Comment

Is this Rain or Shine? Looking at weekend weather and wondering.

Comment

Working...
                              X