Nassau County SPCA Fundraiser at F6 Labs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Llaara View Post

You’d be the last person to want a participation trophy Frank.
    😢

Comment

My wife who shoots with a womens group which have worked with Frank wasn't exactly happy to see the flyer telling shooters to bring their wives so they can shoot with a instructor. Little bit on the sexist side. But she understands the intent. It is somewhat funny as you read it.

Comment

Llaara is this their ammo? The buy in includes ammo?

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher1336 View Post
          My wife who shoots with a womens group which have worked with Frank wasn't exactly happy to see the flyer telling shooters to bring their wives so they can shoot with a instructor. Little bit on the sexist side. But she understands the intent. It is somewhat funny as you read it.
          I agree. We already rode them on this. They’ve been reprimanded. It is what it
          is. What’s important is that the end of the day as women we’re getting respect as “shooters”not as women shooters so that’s what counts. Believe me I sympathize with your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
            As far as I know ALL ammo at F6 is their own ammo because they only use lead free non toxic stuff. Maybe if you bring your own lead free, but I'd doubt it.
            If youve never shot there, go. It's a fun time. Was there for a thing with Wilson Combat and the guys that work there are great. Just kept handing me loaded mags and a different gun to try.

The instant feedback of good or bad hits as you're moving from target to target is great, and the helpful hints from the staff can definitely help you become a better, more efficient shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by 67Builder View Post

As far as I know ALL ammo at F6 is their own ammo because they only use lead free non toxic stuff. Maybe if you bring your own lead free, but I'd doubt it.
              If youve never shot there, go. It's a fun time. Was there for a thing with Wilson Combat and the guys that work there are great. Just kept handing me loaded mags and a different gun to try.

The instant feedback of good or bad hits as you're moving from target to target is great, and the helpful hints from the staff can definitely help you become a better, more efficient shooter.
              Was there a few years ago but I was a guest of someone. Didn’t recall what the ammo requirements were. Assumed theirs but didn’t know if we could bring some old frangible
              stuff.
              Good time regardless

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                Checking on this.

Comment

They do use their own frangible ammo. You give them three mags and they'll load up for you. The cost includes the ammo.

Comment

I hope some of you go cause I’m actually looking forward to kicking all your asses.. I will be leaving with a trophy.
                    I suck so no trophy for me but I just want to see the range.
                    NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
                    NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
                    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

Do we know if pre registration is needed (or posssible?) or if this is a 'walk on' event?
                      NRA Patron Life Member
                      Caribou R&P Club Range Officer
                      NRA RSO

Comment

I’m told there is preregistration on their website but I didn’t see it. I’ll follow up. If I missed it and anyone finds it please post the link.

Comment

Bringing this back to the top. Definitely sounds like fun!

Comment

I'm going Friday night with the ladies and will report back....
                            Last edited by Llaara; 11-07-2018, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Just got the sign up link.

Nice way to check out this interesting technology and support a good cause.

Comment

Just got the sign up link.

Nice way to check out this interesting technology and support a good cause.
                                Not sure where that link took me but it was like a liberal mecca of snowflake activities.

I'm probably doing something wrong - I searched and couldn't find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X