GUN show at the Freeport Recreation Center december 15 & 16 , 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Many of the antique guns there are phenomenal. The 'asking' prices are high, but quickly become reasonable when you take out your cash and start to bargain. The Winchester I was looking at was a '92 made in '93 and well below GB prices prior to haggling. It was in the less desirable .32-20 but still cheaper than my other 1892 .32's.
    The guns I look for are ones I can shoot, not hang on the wall. Most of what I saw there, I would never attempt to shoot. And I never paid more than $900 for any of my 92's, and they'll outshoot most modern guns around.
    Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
    Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Originally posted by Postal Bob View Post

The guns I look for are ones I can shoot, not hang on the wall. Most of what I saw there, I would never attempt to shoot. And I never paid more than $900 for any of my 92's, and they'll outshoot most modern guns around.
      This 92 appeared to be in very good shape, and a great price for an 1880's rifle in that shape.
      That's why it was gone a few hours later. Somewhat more than $900, but less than most other places I've seen.
      No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Are you talking about an 1892 rifle, or maybe an 1886 or 1873?
        a great price for an 1880's rifle
        There were no 1892's, at least when I went there Sunday.
        Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
        Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Originally posted by Postal Bob View Post
          Are you talking about an 1892 rifle, or maybe an 1886 or 1873? There were no 1892's, at least when I went there Sunday.
          It was a '92, second row nearer to the back wall. Saw it Saturday, had to go home and check my computer and ledgers (faster than digging through safes) to see what I already had and what I paid, then check GB and other places for prices/condition. The price was very good and even though I have others, I went back for another look on Sunday and it was sold.

I picked up another Colt Lightening instead for a little more money, which worked out much better in the long run.

- U.S. Marines

Comment

It was a '92, second row nearer to the back wall. Saw it Saturday, had to go home and check my computer and ledgers (faster than digging through safes) to see what I already had and what I paid, then check GB and other places for prices/condition. The price was very good and even though I have others, I went back for another look on Sunday and it was sold.

I picked up another Colt Lightening instead for a little more money, which worked out much better in the long run.
            make an excel spreadsheet of your book and put it on your phone?

At least it will give you a way to kill a bunch of hours.
            High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post

make an excel spreadsheet of your book and put it on your phone?

At least it will give you a way to kill a bunch of hours.
              Not a bad idea, but not sure I want all of that on my phone.
              Last edited by Dan 0351; 12-19-2018, 05:42 AM.

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Not a bad idea, but not sure I want all of that info only phone.
                I don't think the phone would have enough memory.
                "If you know how many guns you own,”you don’t have enough guns.”

"What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt."

Comment

Working...
                X