No announcement yet.

NYSR&P ANUAL MEETING IS IN HAUPPAUGE THIS YEAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I counted four of us there today, that I know of. M14 Bullets, vmtcmt, SteveT, and I were there. Anyone else? The last time I went to this meeting on LI there had to be more than 1,000. This year I’d guess there were fewer than 300. Not a great showing.
    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
    Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
    Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

not a lot of people were there ,

the highlight of the day was hanging out with John and Paul from campsite

Comment

Who if anyone showed up on the NRA leadership and political worlds?

Comment

nra ila north east .. i believe , was real busy today

Comment

Really wanted to go to this but couldn’t make it. Hope it went good

Comment

Originally posted by Turfman81 View Post
              Really wanted to go to this but couldn’t make it. Hope it went good
              To be honest, I was bored to tears by the speakers. They are preaching to the choir and sprinkling in the same tired jokes and observations we’ve all heard a million times. There was little I hadn’t heard before. BUT, I go when I can to show support.
              "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
              Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
              Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Soooooooooooooooooooo -- overall how was it -- run smoothly -- how many speakers --- did all the shotguns get raffled off ( do I have to take any back ? )

Start to finnish -- how long ?
                NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Might have the order a little screwy, and I don't remember the names, but here goes:
                  Got there a little after 1200, don't know who the first speaker from NYSRPA was.
                  John Cushman, because Tom King got sick.
                  Video from WLP.
                  Chairman of the NYS Conservative Party.
                  Video from Rep. Elise Stefanik
                  Chairman of NYS Republican Party
                  Video from Lee Zeldin
                  Rep from NRA-ILA

All the drawings, a few minutes break in the middle, got done a little before 1600
                  Steve

Comment

Shotguns & that 10/22 went --- good I have more room in my safe for my stuff -- LOL
                    NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post
                      Might have the order a little screwy, and I don't remember the names, but here goes:
                      Got there a little after 1200, don't know who the first speaker from NYSRPA was.
                      John Cushman, because Tom King got sick.
                      Video from WLP.
                      Chairman of the NYS Conservative Party.
                      Video from Rep. Elise Stefanik
                      Chairman of NYS Republican Party
                      Video from Lee Zeldin
                      Rep from NRA-ILA

All the drawings, a few minutes break in the middle, got done a little before 1600
                      Videos from the listed speakers?!? SMH! I almost turned down work and $$ for this, as I was asked if I could do two flight checkouts at the club last minute, otherwise I would have gone.

Was anything of interested mentioned? What did NRA-ILA have to say? They're blowing up my inbox for donations.
                      Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
                      Nick Charles: No.
                      Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
                      Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
                      -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post

Videos from the listed speakers?!? SMH! I almost turned down work and $$ for this, as I was asked if I could do two flight checkouts at the club last minute, otherwise I would have gone.

Was anything of interested mentioned? What did NRA-ILA have to say? They're blowing up my inbox for donations.
                        You really didn't miss much. Pretty much preaching to the choir. The NYS Republican chair seemed to have a little "pep" to him, saying we're not going to take it anymore, we're going to fight, yada yada. Said there are some promising candidates coming up, but nothing really Downstate. The city has us fucked. I think John Cushman mentioned Marc Molinaro was one of the brightest people he's encountered (paraphrasing) but I looked it up. Apparently Molinaro refused money from the NRA.

(Snoozeday link, don't give them the traffic):
                        https://www.newsday.com/news/region-...ump-1.19501764

He defends the right of the National Rifle Association to be included in discussion of gun control and school safety.

But he refuses to take campaign contributions from the NRA.
                        I would think someone at a NYSRPA meeting, a bigwig in SAFE, and former, trying to be future NRA board member (Cushman) would be a bit better informed.

The guy from NRA-ILA made a good point. He asked how many people in the room were under 45. There were TWO. And at a quick unofficial glance, I didn't notice a single person of any color other than white. Writing letters to politicians is great, but we have to try to get as many people involved in shooting sports as we can, and WE HAVE TO VOTE. Voter apathy on our side is killing us.

This was the first I've been to, so I don't know how far attendance has fallen, but if you have the time, one should go. The more people show up, the better it looks.
                        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_pete View Post

Thats why you read between the lines in the flyer -- "Invited Guests" --- not --- "Confirmed Guests" --

What I call ---- "Ye-old cushman shuffle" -- LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X