• Vitaman
      Vitaman commented
      Editing a comment
      now you can bring pot cookies

• SemiAutoFetish
      SemiAutoFetish commented
      Editing a comment
      :0

This is usually the best one on the Island. Picked up my No4 Mk2 Enfield at the 2019 show.
    Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
    Nick Charles: No.
    Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
    Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
    -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Added to the calendar...hopefully see some of you there...
      Last edited by mrGH5T007; 09-06-2021, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Shmoe View Post
        More cookies?
        He's always looking for cookies! It's what keeps him going behind that table Nice to see this is happening this year, crowded as it's been in the past.

Comment

weekend bump in head

Comment

this is this weekend for this crowd

Comment

bump.....flyer?
              Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I'm there now. Cookies are present.
                  lots of good deals, definitely worth checking out.
                  I see a LOT of milsurp
                  It's all the same, we're all ashamed of our children who can't read between the lies of their textbooks
                  This world must bear witness to a revolution every now and then
                  We clutched our quills to scribe the bills of this great nation
                  Now show me you can hold a fucking pen

Comment

Went to the show yesterday and was there by 11. It was very quiet for a Saturday. Either the word didn't get out or people are starting to not care. We were informed that we HAD to wear masks while in the show which may have turned many away at the front door. Although it is a help while in the bathroom. Lots of cool stuff including milsurps but yet again prices were on the upper side of Gunbroker. Left with an array of plastic ammo boxes because I reload. No bargains on ammo or components and little useable reloading stuff however I did find a box of nos brass in an obsolete caliber really cheap but it's not even for me. I usually go back later in the day Sunday to try and get something I liked at a bargain price but I doubt anyone would come down $1000 on anything just to not have to pack it back up.
                    Last edited by sickofny; 09-19-2021, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Meh! A bit of a let down. Black rifles and shotguns. Way overpriced Milsurps that looked too grungy and beat up for what they were asking for them. I could have picked up a nice looking Spanish Mauser for $300, but I'm just not in the market right now. There was a very interesting 1915 Canadian Ross rifle which came from an Estate for $575. It was apparently a WW1 Sniper rifle and even contained 17 scratch marks on the bottom of the stock, supposedly the kill markings recorded by the user. There was no optic. The battle sight removed and two screws in place of the tapped holes on the barrel. It did have some sort of ancient peephole rear sight that I've not seen in any photos or videos. Proof marks and stamps all over it from the time period. It was chambered in British .303, which I have plenty of, so that's why I was tempted. Straight pull bolt and the history behind the locking lugs gave me pause. The other thing was the stock. It looked "sporterized" but I just don't know enough about Ross rifles. It might of been appropriate but I've not seen the same rifle on YT like I said, so I can't tell you the model. But like they say, "Buy the rifle and not the story", so I walked away. Very interesting though.

I left with some ammo. 3006 for the 1903 for $1/round and 150 rounds of 30 Carbine.
                      Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
                      Nick Charles: No.
                      Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
                      Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
                      -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

• FastPhil
                        FastPhil commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’ve stated before most of these shows seem to be guys that want to show off their collection or out of touch with reality. Saw one vendor selling Henry Golden Boy 22LR for $699 and a new Ruger 10/22 with the wooden stock for $400. I laughed and walked away.

Originally posted by sickofny View Post
                      Went to the show yesterday and was there by 11. It was very quiet for a Saturday. Either the word didn't get out or people are starting to not care. We were informed that we HAD to wear masks while in the show which may have turned many away at the front door. Although it is a help while in the bathroom. Lots of cool stuff including milsurps but yet again prices were on the upper side of Gunbroker. Left with an array of plastic ammo boxes because I reload. No bargains on ammo or components and little useable reloading stuff however I did find a box of nos brass in an obsolete caliber really cheap but it's not even for me. I usually go back later in the day Sunday to try and get something I liked at a bargain price but I doubt anyone would come down $1000 on anything just to not have to pack it back up.
                      What percentage of attendees were actually wearing masks?

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

What percentage of attendees were actually wearing masks?
                        At least 75% but the majority were in chin diaper mode

Comment

Working...
                        X