Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hauppauge Show May 14 & 15 2022

gs.jpg

Is this the first show by this show runner?

Comment

Originally posted by Bags View Post
      Is this the first show by this show runner?
      yes they are taking over for the previous people .... still should be the best on the island ------ but your getting ahead of yourselves , got to get through babylon first

Comment

this is this weekend , sat and sunday . come one come all ---bring some cookies or puppy treats

should be the biggest of the island

Comment

• Shotgun
          Shotgun commented
          Editing a comment
          You eating dog biscuits now?

• M-14BULLETTS
          M-14BULLETTS commented
          Editing a comment
          to be determined , might happen

is this this weekend or waht

Comment

Just got back from the show. I pulled up at around 1PM on Saturday and the lot was PACKED! I'm wondering if there was a line to get in at 9AM opening? Much bigger crowds then previously. Other than that it is the same show. New black rifles, shotguns and show and tell. Milsurps.....few and far between, overpriced as usual. The Osprey glass table took up a chunk of the room as usual. A new vendor however was North East Ammo and Reloading Supplies. They had a huge display, and had just about every caliber. Box prices were typical store prices but there were some bulk deals available. This is where I spent the only money I laid out. He had the CCI 22LR Mini Mags that were recommended to me in my SR22 thread. 300 rd for $45. I was in and out in an hour and a half.

Only other item that interested me was a Canadian Ross Rifle in .303 with a mint bore. But not for $2350! Nice Waffenamp marked 98K, but 2 Grand. M1 Garand going rate seems to be $1800. Then there was the Chinese SKS for $1300. I guess Mao Tse Tung led the revolution with it for that price?! Jap Arisaka Type 99 with scrubbed Mum - $650??? No...
          Last edited by pilot_pete; 05-14-2022, 02:40 PM.
          Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
          Nick Charles: No.
          Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
          Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
          -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

• Theirishweaver
            Theirishweaver commented
            Editing a comment
            was the Arisaka the same one at the babylon show that has the refinished "blonde" stock? i diddnt even bother to look at the price when i saw the color of it - just amazed at the attention it was getting

• SemiAutoFetish
            SemiAutoFetish commented
            Editing a comment
            Dam...$1300 for a Chinese SKS??? WTF! "I guess Mao Tse Tung led the revolution with it for that price?!" LOL

• pilot_pete
            pilot_pete commented
            Editing a comment
            There were three Arisaka 99's. The one for $650, there was a late war one for @$450, and the LIGC rack had one for $299 with a mum(!) and no accessories. It looked in decent shape and that is a good starting price to negotiate. My Type 99 is early war and comes complete with the monopod, dust cover and an intact anti-aircraft sight (w/ wings). Because of the scrubbed Mum I paid $450. With the chrome lined bore it is a tack driver. Dad picked one up just like it from Qwaks for $400, less monopod and dustcover and no mum. But it did have the sight complete with wings. Qwaks wouldn't budge on the price.

Anybody see any small pistol primers? Northeast ammo and reloading supplies is probably Nick. Maybe he just added the ammo part. Always had a good supply but hasn’t been making enough here on LI so he’s been doing the other shows around instead. Probably this was the only show around this weekend

Comment

• M-14BULLETTS
            M-14BULLETTS commented
            Editing a comment
            nick was not here and no primers for under 150.00 a thousand

Was there at 10 and had to wait to get in. Pretty much the same show as always.
          Northeast had large rifle primers for $135 per 1k uh no thanks. Had absolutely no powder or heads I was looking for.
          Found some decent stuff by the guy in the small area that sells the old stuff. NOS box of Nosler 180gr 30 cal and Hornady 170gr 8mm, half a 1k box of CCI small pistol primers. Found 2 tiny boxes of PPU 9mm parabellum that were 25 rounds each. For some reason he only wanted $10 per! 50 124gr 9mm for $20 thank you! Nice clean 50 cal ammo can for $10 couldn't say no.
          Saw some nice milsurps and may go back tomorrow to see if any are still there and try to make a deal on one.

Comment

I went at 2:30 and met three other members there. The prices were high generally but there were some deals to be had. I picked up a choke for $5. To me, it isn't about getting deals. It's about seeing all my brethren, checking out guns that I rarely get to see, and finding a couple things I didn't know existed each time I go.

I should add that two booths had older Remington 870s in truck-gun shape for around $300, which given how much in demand they are on Gunbroker and locally, I thought was definitely not overpriced.

Comment

Anyone planning on going Sunday?
              I'd like to meet more LIGC members in real life....

Comment

• FastPhil
                FastPhil commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ll probably go and donate to the cause. If you meet me though you may regret it.

• spb1122
                spb1122 commented
                Editing a comment
                Lmao, right back at you. I never said anyone would enjoy meeting me...

• Range Time
                Range Time commented
                Editing a comment
                Buying or selling is a great way to meet people too!

I went , I saw , I left

Comment

I guess I didn’t miss much then.

Comment

Wanted to go, but honestly I just couldn't justify spending $40 between me, the wife and the kids (at 14 and 16...not sure that I can pass them off as 12 YO's) just to get in and look.

Comment

i was there . there was some real good deals on sat , but that stuff went out the door . sunday there was not the deals --- i was going to look at a scope , but it was gone

Comment

Went back to the show today at 3. They had stopped charging to get in by then. Went straight to a table that had something I saw and liked yesterday.

Beautiful M1898 Krag 1903 cartouched. Got an excellent last hour of the show price from a nice gentleman I have bought from before. Also found the oldest box of Remington (UMC) ammo I have ever seen in 30-40 for it. Labeled as 30 US Army so it had to be made before 1903. I really enjoyed this show.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• pilot_pete
                        pilot_pete commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I saw that one there. I think the asking price was $1100? Which was less then I paid for mine last year. Someone else had a Krag Carbine for $1300, but I can't swing that now. Congrats on the purchase.

• sickofny
                        sickofny commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes it was. Got a very sweet deal as a multi time return customer. He had told me about the carbine that it was floating around earlier in the day Sunday. Not being intimately versed in these rifles I wouldn't buy a carbine making the rounds on some guys shoulder. Trapdoor Springfields and Krags are the 2 most faked carbines period. Without a book of serial numbers in my hand or on the phone I wouldn't bother looking at either. Nobody is going to fake a full length infantry rifle.
                    Working...
                    X