Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H.R. 38

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by muskoday View Post

    If that's the case, I'm sure the NY counties that don't already. Will allow CC they won't want to lose out on the permit fees.
    The catch 22 of this is that you can't buy a handgun outside of your own state. And in NY you can only buy a handgun with a permit. The downstate counties could give a damn about the fees, this is about power to them.

    Comment


      Hoping this passes Senate next. Already got through the House.
      “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

      Comment


        Originally posted by Parashooter View Post

        I don't think anyone is suggesting she should have that kind of training - but how about training in marksmanship - use of lethal force - threat assessment - safe handling (drawing without blowing a hole through anything unintentionally, re-holstering same...)
        ..I agree training is great and smart BUT....
        .Many NOT into the whole gun thing..DONT EVEN LIKE GUNS... BUT Has the right to defend ones self....familiar SHOOTING AT gun range once and a blue moon that's it... a right to carry for defense .. IN CASE OF EMERGENCY.. start that whole training issue you open a whole other discussion AND a whole new set of restrictions and laws...

        Comment


          Just got an email from GOA to oppose this bill and support s446, similar bill in the senate without the traffic ticket gun ban that HR 38 is supposed to have
          The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

          Comment


            Originally posted by Ancap View Post
            Just got an email from GOA to oppose this bill and support s446, similar bill in the senate without the traffic ticket gun ban that HR 38 is supposed to have
            Traffic ticket gun ban? Explain pls

            Comment


              Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

              Traffic ticket gun ban? Explain pls

              https://gunowners.org/statement-cong...et-gun-ban.htm
              The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

              Comment


                Originally posted by Ransom View Post

                ..I agree training is great and smart BUT....
                .Many NOT into the whole gun thing..DONT EVEN LIKE GUNS... BUT Has the right to defend ones self....familiar SHOOTING AT gun range once and a blue moon that's it... a right to carry for defense .. IN CASE OF EMERGENCY.. start that whole training issue you open a whole other discussion AND a whole new set of restrictions and laws...
                Please don't misunderstand - I am NOT in favor of any gov't required training!!! I'm only in favor of "I'm responsible for the safety of myself and not doing harm to others so I'm getting some" training.

                Comment


                  Wow.. and just a few hours after hearing the Dumbocrats screaming how civilian carry is SO dangerous....

                  "Woman shoots man..... who was attacking Deputy..." Yep, she saved the deputy....
                  http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/byst...tion/659087416

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
                    hopefully we can get enough votes in the senate. We had like 47 votes in favor during 2013.
                    57 I believe.

                    Comment


                      Need 60 votes in the senate.

                      Comment


                        I've been trying to keep up with this Bill. Will this help us people in Suffolk or Nassau who have pistol permits, but have a out of state carry permit? I keep hearing mixed answers.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by imrich View Post
                          Need 60 votes in the senate.
                          If they go / can go the reconciliation route they would only need 51.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Parashooter View Post

                            Please don't misunderstand - I am NOT in favor of any gov't required training!!! I'm only in favor of "I'm responsible for the safety of myself and not doing harm to others so I'm getting some" training.
                            Agreed.....
                            Florida they offer a course on the laws , handling and firing a few shots . Then it would be best to get some practice in. Remember many people just want something incase the shit hits the fan. The antis would have a field day with some Government specialized training mandatory to keep people from the right to carry. Imagine that 80 year old grandmamma who's been robbed 5 times and is sick of it. A hypothetical..>> but don't put it past these idiots That the anti NYS requiring granny having to jump on ground roll over 3x's and double tap dead center mass on a target at 15 yards to be approved...LOL.. Not counting the $500 course they would require every year.. I do agree a basic class would be helpful but cant trust the anti Abuse that a State like NY would do.. Imagine NYS saying its OK but out of town CCW having to register with Police when arriving in this state or some of the crap Cuomo and Company will come up with..

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by TheMongoose View Post

                              If they go / can go the reconciliation route they would only need 51.
                              I believe they would have to tie this bill to something related to the budget as reconciliation only applies to votes on legislation regarding spending, revenues and the debt limit.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by bcwood64 View Post
                                I've been trying to keep up with this Bill. Will this help us people in Suffolk or Nassau who have pistol permits, but have a out of state carry permit? I keep hearing mixed answers.
                                The proposed law stipulates that you need to be licensed in your home state. This would ensure that individual states retain the right to license- based on their own standards. A compromise for states with more restrictive standards.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X