Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preet, you are the lone survivor...

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/03...mment-13482803

In a move that is being widely praised by supporters of President Trump, Attorney General Sessions has asked the remaining U.S. attorneys appointed by former President Obama to resign.

Justice Department spokeswoman Sarah Flores made the announcement Friday.
    The Attorney General has now asked the remaining 46 presidentially appointed U.S. Attorneys to tender their resignations in order to ensure a uniform transition. Until the new U.S. Attorneys are confirmed, the dedicated career prosecutors in our U.S. Attorney’s Offices will continue the great work of the Department in investigating, prosecuting, and deterring the most violent offenders.
    The lone exception was Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney in Manhattan who was appointed by Obama but had announced that he would work for the Trump administration after meeting with the president at Trump Tower.

Ranking Senate Judiciary Committee Democrat Dianne Feinstein (D-Ca.) said she was surprised by the move, calling it sudden and unexpected, and implying that it would undermine the enforcement of law.

“In January, I met with Vice President Pence,” Feinstein said in a statement, “and White House Counsel Donald McGahn and asked specifically whether all U.S. attorneys would be fired at once. Mr. McGahn told me that the transition would be done in an orderly fashion to preserve continuity.
    Clearly this is not the case. I’m very concerned about the effect of this sudden and unexpected decision on federal law enforcement.”

On Friday, Republican Rep. Steve King of Iowa said in an interview with MSNBC that Trump needed to “purge” Obama leftovers or risk having them continue to put stumbling blocks in the way of the agenda of the new president.
    If I were Donald Trump, I would take a look at all of my political appointees that — and anybody that was an appointment that came from the Obama administration. I would end that tomorrow morning, or tonight for that matter.

I will use the word purge. I’ve used it over the last few days. I think that needs to happen. I think it’s a descriptive word that fits well within the English language, and I know there are people that will attach extra meaning to that. I don’t know a better word to use.
    Trump has blamed leaks on people in the government who are aligned with Obama’s agenda and are hostile to that of Trump, and some even believe that there is a cabal of such people orchestrating leaks to damage the president. It was one such leak that led to the discovery that Trump’s former national security advisor Mike Flynn had lied about meeting with a Russian ambassador. He has since resigned, and only recently admitted doing policy work that could designate him as an “foreign agent” for the benefit of Turkey’s government.

​​​​​​​Cuomo, feel the heat? LOL!
    "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
    Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

I like Preet. FUAC

Comment

I'm a Preet fan, until he runs for office then I'll reevaluate.

Comment

I like him more every day. He just needs to clamp onto Andy boy.
        “The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
        Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Fire all Obama people..... it the only way to trust they will work for the Trump agenda... at least it's the best shot

Comment

Newsday says Preet was asked to resign with all the others..... have to see how this plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase View Post
              Newsday says Preet was asked to resign with all the others..... have to see how this plays out.
              NewsDay, are they a creditable source? LOL!
              "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."

Comment

two outa three ain't bad

Comment

Originally posted by Hannco View Post

NewsDay, are they a creditable source? LOL!
                  It could be the "exception proves the rule." Hopefully. Snoozeday rarely gets anything completely right. Preet seemed a natural for Trump (to keep.)

Comment

Daily sNews named him specifically as being on his way out with the rest.

Comment

Looks like Trump personally asked him to stay and the Department of Justice asked him to resign. They need to really clamp down on crap like this happening.
                      “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post
                        Looks like Trump personally asked him to stay and the Department of Justice asked him to resign. They need to really clamp down on crap like this happening.
                        Exactly, he had to drain the swamp the whole swamp and Preet proved he wasn't a swamp rat. Trump will reciprocate the respect.
                        Last edited by Hannco; 03-10-2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Exactly, he had to drain the swamp the whole swamp and Preet proved he wasn't a swamp rat. Trump will reciprocate the respect.
                          I don't know about Preet. I'm glad he took down Silver and Skelos, but cuomo is still running around...wantonly spending tax payer dollars and collecting his bribe money.
                          “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post

I don't know about Preet. I'm glad he took down Silver and Skelos, but cuomo is still running around...wantonly spending tax payer dollars and collecting his bribe money.
                            This move by Trump gives him the ability to call out the "Elephant in the room" that he hesitated tackling. Cuomo is powerful, but he's now been Trump'd.

Comment

This move by Trump gives him the ability to call out the "Elephant in the room" that he hesitated tackling. Cuomo is powerful, but he's now been Trump'd.
                              I hope so, because cuomo really needs to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X