Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did Trump let Preet go?

Because of this...

Former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Preet Bharara, who was fired Saturday by President Donald Trump, tweeted Sunday that he now knows what the “Moreland Commission” felt like.

“By the way, now I know what the Moreland Commission must have felt like,” Bharara tweeted Sunday afternoon.
    Follow
    Preet Bharara @PreetBharara
    By the way, now I know what the Moreland Commission must have felt like.
    2:57 PM - 12 Mar 2017

Sunday’s tweet was Bharara’s first tweet since he announced via his Twitter account Saturday that he had been fired by the Trump administration. He was fired because he refused to submit his resignation, which was requested by Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Friday. Sessions had requested the resignations from all 46 Obama-era federal attorneys.

Many interpreted Bharara’s tweet as a suggestion that he was investigating Trump or his administration for possible corruption.

The Moreland Commission was established in 2013 by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to investigate public corruption in New York and was headed by Bharara. But after the anticorruption investigative team turned their sights on possible corruption in Cuomo’s office, the New York governor shut down the commission in 2014.

Many believed Cuomo disbanded the commission because they were investigating him. Ultimately, Cuomo was not charged with any wrongdoing as a result of the commission’s investigations.

Bharara was asked as recently as last Wednesday to investigate Trump for potentially violating the Constitution’s Emoluments Clause.

The controversy surrounding Bharara heated up Friday when Sessions demanded the resignations of all 46 Obama holdover attorneys. Bharara, who had been promised by Trump during the transition that he would keep his post, refused to resign, which ultimately led to his dismissal.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/03...ore-dismissal/
    "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
    Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

With all the leaks, I would have already let go every head of every agency until it stopped. As I watch the new episode of Homeland each week, the parallels make me sick to my stomach.

Comment

Preet only got 2 of the 3. That's a 66% grade and too low!
      "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

Notice they don't list the "watchdog groups" that REQUESTED he investigate Trump's foreign business dealings. No mention that he even started doing so or accepted that request. Preet's just playing politics now that he's got nothing else to do.
        “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yeah, if he would've taken down Andy boy, I might've been in favor of keeping him.
          Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
          Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Preet Bahara is a good guy- Trump is IMO a fool who is so intetrested in "Undoing everything Obama" (to the glee of his supporters) that noboby stopped to ask if any of the "Obama era attorneys" were actually DOING THEIR JOBS. That's like walking into a company and firing guys because you don't like the guy that hired them, without looking at their performance reviews. And when you let politics determine how you run the country, well, I'd say that's one of the things I disliked MOST about Obama, his agenda driven politics.

Comment

This is standard protocol. They work at the enjoyment of the president and can be let go at anytime. He is being treated just like all other 80 people who were asked to resign he just decided to Grand stand
              Last edited by Bigrob; 03-13-2017, 09:21 AM.

Comment

When you're asked for your resignation, it's not a request. If you refuse, your ass is being fired. Because your ass was being fired in the first place.
                Last edited by BLAMMO!!; 03-13-2017, 08:33 PM.
                No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Comment

Bharara was Schumers chief counsel prior, the agreement to keep him was a nod to schumer. Schumer has declared war on Trump so Bharara is collateral damage. This is nothing new, Clinton whacked 90+ AG's when he took office.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
                    Bharara was Schumers chief counsel prior, the agreement to keep him was a nod to schumer. Schumer has declared war on Trump so Bharara is collateral damage. This is nothing new, Clinton whacked 90+ AG's when he took office.
                    Exactly...
                    "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
                    Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

Comment

Fired cause he's an Obama shummer plant .. we wouldn't know the real facts but Cuomo should have been taken out.

Comment

Maybe because he won't roll over on Cuomo like he should.
                        NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
                        NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
                        Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

Well seem Cuomo gearing for 2020.
                          I think we should start a list of all his fuck ups to bash the crap out of him all over social media.

Comment

Obama, Bush and Clinton each wacked 80+ US DA's in their first 2 years so I don't consider this abnormal.
                            Personally, I thought PB was doing a good job but there is also a camp that says he was 95% noise and 5% results.
                            Last edited by Engineco54; 03-13-2017, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
                              DING, DING, DING...winner.

Comment

Working...
                              X