Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Katie Couric's producer committed multiple felonies, in making anti 2A documentary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katie Couric's producer committed multiple felonies, in making anti 2A documentary!

Stephanie Soechtig, the producer of Katie Couric's anti-gun documentary, admitted on camera that her team repeatedly violated federal gun laws.
    NRA Benefactor Life
    NRA Instructor & RSO
    NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

I thought you could legally buy a long gun in a state adjoining your own and not have to do an FFL to FFL transfer. I found reference to a judge declaring that it was legal with handguns as well but I am not sure if that ever actually played all the way out in the courts at the federal level.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...onstitutional/
    Ben

Comment

You can legally purchase a rifle/shotgun in a contiguous state without the need of an FFL if you are not barred from possessing the firearm in your home state.

This on the other hand....not so sure: "by purchasing four separate firearms across state lines without a background check." Does the same apply to private sales?

"SOECHTIG: We sent a producer out and he was from Colorado. He went to Arizona, and he was able to buy a Bushmaster and then three other pistols without a background check in a matter of four hours. And that’s perfectly legal. He wasn’t doing some sort of underground market."

Yeah....going to have to say that sounds pretty illegal to me.
      “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TTSkipper View Post
        I thought you could legally buy a long gun in a state adjoining your own and not have to do an FFL to FFL transfer. I found reference to a judge declaring that it was legal with handguns as well but I am not sure if that ever actually played all the way out in the courts at the federal level.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...onstitutional/
        I am not 100%, but I think the last time they tweaked the NICS, trying to close loopholes that really affected nobody, you do have to pass the NICS in the state you reside. If not, a state like VT would be able to sell both handguns and long guns to out of state residents, since they require no permit for either.
        NRA Benefactor Life
        NRA Instructor & RSO
        NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

Comment

They all conspired to commit these felonies. This'll be great when they are indicted....oh, that's right, Nevermind.

Comment

Wouldn't her ordering him to purchase it constitute a straw purchase as well? He wasn't purchasing it for himself, or to be given as a gift..

Fox should pick up the ball and do a documentary of the illegality of the activities contained in the mockumentary, why they are illegal and the consequences to those that violate them. If you cannot enforce the current laws, we don't need more of them!
            Hunter, NRA Life Member, NYS Deplorable

🚄TrumpTrain2016🇺🇸.🇺🇸.🇺🇸

Pro Political Term Limits
            Anti High Capacity Mag Limits
            Fuck Andrew Cuomo's Suck my Ass Act

Comment

Originally posted by NYDeer View Post
              Wouldn't her ordering him to purchase it constitute a straw purchase as well? He wasn't purchasing it for himself, or to be given as a gift..

Fox should pick up the ball and do a documentary of the illegality of the activities contained in the mockumentary, why they are illegal and the consequences to those that violate them. If you cannot enforce the current laws, we don't need more of them!
              Not too long ago, another mainstream media doing an anti 2A "documentary" broke a bunch of laws too. I don't remember who, or exactly what they did. I think they had "assault weapons" that they were handling in a state were they were completely illegal. There was an outcry to prosecute them, since the broke the very laws they where whining about. Nothing happened, of course. It absolutely was not only "straw purchases" in the Couric piece of crap, but they admitted it, proudly! I wouldn't hold my breath for anything to happen.
              NRA Benefactor Life
              NRA Instructor & RSO
              NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

Comment

Yet, somebody on vacation or visiting friends picks up a gun, thier life is fucked is it ever gets legal attention.. WTG for equal rights! 👍🏼

🚄TrumpTrain2016🇺🇸.🇺🇸.🇺🇸

Comment

National Shooting Sports Foundation Calls for ATF Investigation Of ‘Under the Gun’

Posted on June 3, 2016 by Ammoland National Shooting Sports Foundation
                  NEWTOWN, Conn – -(Ammoland.com)- Editors Note: [The National Shooting Sports Foundation has issued the following statement regarding the recent admission by “Under The Gun” producer Stephanie Soechtig that she appears to have violated multiple Federal Gun Laws.Journalists and filmmakers investigating what they see as shortcomings in laws are not absolved of their responsibility both to gain the requisite understanding of how those laws work and to abide by them.
                  For that reason, based on statements made in a videotaped inWe have to point out that it would appear that a producer of the Katie Couric documentary “Under the Gun” committed at least four federal felonies, one for each firearm he appears to have illegally purchased since the individual was not a resident of Arizona where he purchased the firearms.

He may have also violated state criminal statutes. And, If Ms. Soechtig, the film’s director, sent him to Arizona to make these firearms purchases, as the tape appears to suggest, she may be guilty of engaging in a conspiracy to violate federal firearms laws and/or aiding and abetting the commission of these crimes her producer engaged in.

We also have to ask what, if any, involvement did Ms. Couric as executive producer have in these purchases?
                  The NSSF calls upon the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to open a criminal investigation into this important matter.

About NSSF The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 6,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen’s organizations and publishers. For more information, log on to www.nssf.org.

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2016/06/nati...#ixzz4AhXn4AAb
                  Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
                  Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

🚄TrumpTrain2016🇺🇸.🇺🇸.🇺🇸

Comment

Do as I say not as I do, libtard logic

Comment

Supposedly, not all states use NICS. I think Colorado is one of a few states that uses its own internal state data base for background checks. I never understood that, or how it satisfies the Brady bill but I recall hearing something like that.
                      • To be human is to be armed.
                      • Ideology is the nemesis of intellect.
                      • Social media are the "Assault Weapons" of the First Amendment.

Comment

You cannot buy a firearm from an individual in a state other than your state of residence. You may buy a rifle or shotgun from an FFL in another state if permitted to do so by your home state.
                        Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Working...
                        X