Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are all anti-gun politicians corrupt?

Are all anti-gun politicians corrupt?

Not all of the anti-gun politicians are corrupt, but many of them certainly are. Here are a few dozen examples to prove my point.

California Senator Leland Yee authored many anti-rights bills that heavily burdened gun owners. Yee was named to the Gun Violence Prevention Honor Roll by the anti-rights Brady Campaign. Yee was charged with gun trafficking and public corruption. Yee is now serving time in federal prison.

Dean Skelos was Majority Leader of the New York State Senate. Skelos helped pass the infamous anti-rights New York SAFE Act. This legislation required gun registration and was so burdensome that even the New York police ignored it. Skelos was convicted of federal corruption charges.

Speaker of the New York State Assembly Sheldon Silver also helped pass the New York SAFE Act. The Brady campaign thanked Silver by name for his anti-gun legislation. Silver was arrested, tried and convicted on seven counts of corruption.

President of the California Senate, Kevin De Leon is an active anti-rights legislator. DeLeon is the current author of at least four anti-rights bills this year that limit honest gun owners. Senator De Leon is also named 47 times in a current FBI probe of corruption and bribery.

Former California Democratic Assemblyman Tom Calderon plead guilty to one count of money laundering in a corruption case involving him and his brother. His brother is former state Senator Ron Calderon. The Calderon brothers were consistent anti-rights voters.

Missouri State Senator Jamilah Nasheen was arrested at a protest in Ferguson, Missouri. Senator Nasheen has a very strong anti-rights voting record against honest gun owners. Senator Nasheen was arrested for carrying a gun while intoxicated.

Let me paint with a broader brush for a minute. Some 25 anti-rights mayors in Michael Bloomberg’s group Mayors Against Illegal Guns have been charged with crimes. The majority of those charged were convicted, though some convictions remain open on appeal. In contrast, Barack Obama was never charged for selling two thousand illegal guns to Mexican drug gangs. Hillary Clinton took millions of dollars in foreign bribes. Clinton also called the NRA the political enemy of which she is most proud. Clinton is currently under investigation by the FBI for security violations while Secretary of State.

Not all of the anti-gun politicians are corrupt, but that is the way to bet. No wonder these politicians want to disarm honest civilians.
    Not all of the anti-gun politicians are corrupt, but many of them certainly are.  Here are a few dozen examples to prove my point. California Senator Leland Yee authored many anti-rights bills that heavily burdened gun owners.  Yee was named to the Gun Violence Prevention Honor Roll by the anti-rights Brady Campaign.  Yee was charged…
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

The corrupt ones are anti-gun for the sake of their own careers. Others truly believe guns to be evil. Either way none of them can be trusted.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

One could say that all politicians are corrupt.

Comment

• Barnslayer
        Barnslayer commented
        Editing a comment
        The successful ones, anyway.

• Engineco54
        Engineco54 commented
        Editing a comment
        "...all politicians are corrupt..."

Without the yes vote from Skelos and Silver on the SAFE Act would it have passed?

Were theirs the deciders?

Assuming yes, with them doing time I think their votes should be rendered meaningless.

Yeah, one can dream...

Thoughts? Pardon my ignorance but the thought occurred to me and I figured I'd ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovemyglock View Post
        Without the yes vote from Skelos and Silver on the SAFE Act would it have passed?

Were theirs the deciders?

Assuming yes, with them doing time I think their votes should be rendered meaningless.

Yeah, one can dream...

Thoughts? Pardon my ignorance but the thought occurred to me and I figured I'd ask.
        Shelly and Skelly didn't simply vote. They were the leaders in their respective chambers and effectively gave "permission" to the members (majority) that they represented. A better way to ask the question would be 'could SAFE have ever, ever, in 10,000 years, have passed if Shelly and Skelly did not bless it?'

They were each key and instrumental in passage of SAFE. I actually place slightly more blame on Skelos because as leader of the Republican controlled Senate, it would be far less likely to have seen any support without his instruction to support it. Shelly came out of the Assembly, which is NYC Democrat centric and SAFE is the sort of garbage I would expect them to support...it's what that chamber does.

SAFE was a criminal conspiracy born in a back room with AC, carried through 2 houses of the legislature and forced upon the law abiding people of NY.

Comment

• Lovemyglock
          Lovemyglock commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I know they both played a huge role in getting the garbage on the table in the first place and your rewrite of my question is much better. Thanks
      Working...
      X